Necro DoTs After Death

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Terakathis, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Terakathis Journeyman

Has anyone else noticed that with the recent patch where DoT's become disassociated with death, that if you die until you camp out/in any NEW DoT's you cast aren't getting the proper focus adjustments?

I would have to imagine this is actually impacting ALL classes who use DoTs.

T.
    Skewert likes this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Just for clarification...

...you were casting on a mob, died, and then any subsequent mobs, it was like your focus effects didn't work? The focus messages were not showing?

Did you zone and try?

Just trying to figure out which test cases to test...
  3. Terakathis Journeyman

I ran some parsing today before / after dying without wearing any focus items and couldn't replicate the issue. Will try again today while wearing gear with focii. (I wanted the first test to eliminate noise.) More to come. Thanks Cragzop.

T.
  4. Terakathis Journeyman

Actually I WAS able to replicate this just now albeit on a smaller duration scale than I had originally planned. The difference was I did ZONE after getting rezzed originally and I did NOT zone for the data below - which is the key (and hence why camping out / in also "resets" your toon). Proof is in the data:

Examples:

Values
    Row Labels Average of Damage Count of Spell
    Adalora's Swift Lifedraw Rk. II. 11,845 17
    Hoshkar's Swift Sickness Rk. II. 16,066 13
    Ignite Memories Rk. II. 8,375 17
    Inevitable End Rk. II. 6,827 21
    Mourgis' Decay Rk. II. 2,644 29
    Grand Total 7,965 97

Values
    Row Labels Average of Damage Count of Spell
    Adalora's Swift Lifedraw Rk. II. 9,837 12
    Hoshkar's Swift Sickness Rk. II. 14,702 9
    Ignite Memories Rk. II. 4,642 11
    Inevitable End Rk. II. 4,538 10
    Mourgis' Decay Rk. II. 2,126 19
    Grand Total 6348 61

MORE important to note however is the fact that:
    • Criticals and Lucky Criticals did not trigger at all
    • Twincast only fired twice
    So bug is with Critical spell hits and lucky critical spell hits not occurring at all if you don't zone after rez. The criticals have stayed "disassociated" from the caster on NEW DoTs being cast until you zone.

Would love others to corroborate what I'm seeing so this bug (if it truly is a bug and not "intended") is fixed quickly.
    T.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Character dies in a zone (does not matter if DoTs are currently running or not), character takes a res and corpse is poofed (DoT's can no longer be associated with corpse?). It looks to me as if the DoT disassociation flag is persisting on the zone preventing any further DoTs cast in that zone from associating with a player that was res back into that zone. I would imagine that this would also prevent the DoTs from being focused where the DoTs still may be doing damage but only base damage which would slow down the DPS.

While I had lots of prior kills today I wanted to parse the same model so this is about 20 mobs each. This is a box character so I have it hotkey casting the same stuff each time on all the mobs. My alt as no luck gear on.

Before death:
    Combined: A construct of coal: -- DMG: 14445121 -- DPS: 14474 -- Scaled: 14387 -- DoT: 14346067 -- DirDmg: 99054 -- % dmg as normal: 8.8% -- % dmg as critical: 91.2% -- Non-crit rate: 31.7% -- crit rate: 68.3% -- Attempts: 578 -- Hits: 578 -- Accuracy: 100% -- Avg Hit: 24991 -- Max hit: 86122 -- DMG to PC: 0
    Spells Cast: 84 | Call Skeleton Army: 11 | Chaotic Effluvium: 23 | Death Bloom IV: 3 | Grip of Kraz: 23 | Ignite Memories: 11 | Pyre of the Fereth Rk. II: 0 | Pyre of the Shadewarden: 11 | Swarm of Decay XXI: 2

After death:
    Combined: A construct of magma: -- DMG: 99090 -- DPS: 125 -- Scaled: 109 -- DirDmg: 99090 -- % dmg as normal: 99.9% -- % dmg as critical: 0.1% -- Non-crit rate: 69.6% -- crit rate: 30.4% -- Attempts: 23 -- Hits: 23 -- Accuracy: 100% -- Avg Hit: 4308 -- Max hit: 16500 -- DMG to PC: 0
    Spells Cast: 99 | Call Skeleton Army: 17 | Chaotic Effluvium: 22 | Death Bloom IV: 3 | Grip of Kraz: 21 | Ignite Memories: 17 | Pyre of the Fereth Rk. II: 0 | Pyre of the Shadewarden: 17 | Swarm of Decay XXI: 2

After zoning out then in:
    Combined: A construct of coal: -- DMG: 12683055 -- DPS: 15716 -- Scaled: 15542 -- DoT: 12550951 -- DirDmg: 132104 -- % dmg as normal: 9.3% -- % dmg as critical: 90.7% -- Non-crit rate: 31.2% -- crit rate: 68.8% -- Attempts: 493 -- Hits: 493 -- Accuracy: 100% -- Avg Hit: 25726 -- Max hit: 92578 -- DMG to PC: 0
    Spells Cast: 96 | Call Skeleton Army: 16 | Chaotic Effluvium: 22 | Death Bloom IV: 3 | Grip of Kraz: 21 | Ignite Memories: 16 | Pyre of the Fereth Rk. II: 0 | Pyre of the Shadewarden: 16 | Swarm of Decay XXI: 2
  6. Zunar Augur

It seems to be happening when just using FD too (that lucky chance for fade via FD).
    So you end up having 20 useless dots running on the mob, having to recast them all....damn, those debuff slots fill up fast now :(
    Seriously, this needs a fix.....NOW.
    Skewert likes this.
  7. Ibudin Augur

Its a major problem, and needs to be fixed asap.
  8. Verily Tjark Augur

This is affecting all DoT and Heal over Time spells. It's not limited to necro. If you die, you should go ahead and release then get your rez. It only corrects itself after zoning.
  9. ---Xislaben--- Augur

Test has a patch for instances and main zones once they reload.
    Skewert likes this.
  10. Skewert Lorekeeper

I believe this only happens in instanced zones (raids, HAs, etc.). Two devs replied to a similar post in The Veteran's Lounge (I think that's where it was) and said they're aware of it, and apparently now it's been fixed on the Test server.