Necro Dot Revamp

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Anotherday, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Allayna Augur

I think necros will be plenty busy dotting and dropping sphere every chance they get.

Things I think would improve with a revamp.

1. Less lag
    2. More raid flexibility
    3. A more player friendly class...have you seen how to necro?

I do think that combining their dot lines, combining the mana cost and dmg output and possibly making the epic become a passive AA ability once earned would assist in freeing some debuff slots.
    Ibudin likes this.
  2. ~Mills~ Augur

So you are just tossing shade on any idea since you already changed or quit. If its quit you unlikely have any idea of the power that monks, rogues, berserkers, wizards and mages currently wield when played at a high level with support. And can add rangers, beastlords and priests as very solid as well.
  3. Siddar Augur

I'm just pointing out the problems. I don't oppose a solution in fact I have said I will return once one is given. But looking at issues involved in the change I have no real expectation that they will ever deliver the change. I don't see what those other classes you mentioned have to do with DoT changes for necromancers.
  4. Dewey Augur

To help you understand what the other classes have to do with necro dots. For instance part of rogues dps now is dots. So it takes another debuff slot from the boss and gives it to the rogue. Other classes take up these debuffs; which leaves no room for the necro's to dot.

The other classes getting random debuffs to put on the mobs decreases the necro's dps. It also decreases the amount of necro's one can even have on a raid.

It's sad, but it's a major part of why the necro dot revamp has to happen. Because instead of giving us more just dps as a rogue, they give us a dot and increase that dps. All that extra debuffs over the years; does nothing but take away from necro dps. 8(
  5. ~Mills~ Augur

It had to do with the fact of the devs being gun shy about it being over the top or others peoples sentiments about necro dot revamps leading to being over powered. When there are multiple classes running around dropping massive burst and sustained, some with critical rates very close to necromancers and no one bats an eye.
  6. Allayna Augur

Shaman: Malo, Fetid Decay, Turgur's Insects and Diminishment
    Enchanter: Tash, Tash Lingering Cry, Somnolence
    Druid: Sumac, Glistening Frost, Frostweave Breath, Pearlescent Moonbeam, Cowl of Ro, Overwhelming Sunray, Sunflame

Already at 14 out of 97 debuff slots and we've just debuffed the mob....
    83 left.
    We haven't even started on classes with revamped dots...
    Beastlords will load 3 + 1 alliance at a time, potentially 10 slots.
    73 left.
    Druids have some potent dots still and will load a few each, call it 3 more per @ 9 slots.
    64 left.
    Bards alternate shout and bellow, run a caco rotation at times, call it 17 slots with alliance.
    47 left.
    Shadowknight's are doing amazing dps with T'Vyl's resolve (mob debuff), HT (now a DD and DoT) and alliance @ potentially, let's say 5 slots if you only run 2 SKs.
    42 left.
    Enchanter's have DoTs and Alliance, call it 5 slots.
    37 left.
    Just about every melee have something they spam that either reduces aggro or multiplies dmg and is a debuff on the mob, plus alliance....let's call it 15 slots for monk, rogue, zerker, that's a conservative number.
    22 left.
    The main tank is usually using 1 or 2 abilities that are Hate over Time, 2 slots.
    20 left.
    Rangers...an Elemental Arrow, 1 DoT, Foreseen Shots and Alliance, let's say 10 slots.
    10 left.

I think you all get the point...there are several classes left...with alliance and we're down to a handful of debuff slots left on the mob. We don't allow shaman to dot at all and we severely limit the enchanter dotting.

Now as a side conversation to the necro dot revamp....which absolutely needs to happen for the above mentioned debuff limit issues. I'd like to talk about many of the abilities that reduce hatred for each class and why they have to go on the mob vs on the player? Druids have far too many debuffs as well and should be consolidated into each other....a fire line and an ice line that do all of the increased dmg, debuff for element, debuff for ac...but take up 2 slots instead of 7.

In summary....this isn't just about necros, this affects everyone's dps.
    Lianeb, Brohg, Siddar and 1 other person like this.
  7. Siddar Augur

Really have nothing to diagre
    Really have nothing to disagree with in this post.
  8. Ibudin Augur

Allayna has it down for sure, well said. Hopefully someone will listen soon...
    Allayna likes this.
  9. Tappin Augur

The absolute best case scenario - the revamp allows for 1 more Necro to join the raid. Meanwhile, the class has to be broken several times (the devs never get it correct first try) before they will be balanced. I am not sure it's worth the effort.

It seems to me, the only to correct this issues is to add more debuff slots.
  10. Belkar_OotS Augur

I have said it before, but if they can find a way to make for dots to stack in a single slot, aka all necro dots with same name occupy the same debuff slot with charges where each one counts separately in the background that would be huge for all classes and make dot classes much more raid friendly.

Or... Each player gets their own slot that they can fill with whatever stuff they have cast (i would need to find a better way to explain the concept).

I would also love of we could assign buff and debuff slots to particular spells for easier organization (tash malo slow cripple etc.)

It could be very lag inducing with all the extra calculations?
  11. ShadowMan Augur

Those could be ideas to help with the debuff cap problem for sure but thats not the only problem. DPS relative to peers is awful both group and raid, unless you compare single target dps from one class to a necro essentially AE'ing by dotting multiple targets at once. Or whats required to perform 20 spell sets for umpteen dots and resists.

You can't hold one class to being "sustained" when the rules have gone out the window for everyone else. I don't even think the devs realize at this point how powerful the other dps classes are at both burst and sustained. Never mind the madness of swapping 5 different spell sets to keep pace or be behind what others get from a single spell set or from attack on and endless hotbutton links for yellow mana spells on anything single target long or short duration. Never mind other dps or tanks more effectively debuffing and slowing mobs to get the task at hand done. There seems to be a necro standard 1999 play and everyone else more modernized with instant or fast cast this, both burst and sustained dps all paired with no constant spell set swapping.
  12. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

maybe dots are obsolete. :D

Make each dot like a summoned swarm pet that looks like a chicken and goes up and pecks at the mob for a certain duration.

Bock bock...
    Barton likes this.
  13. ShadowMan Augur

Necro and to a lessor degree sk's just need their revamps its not that dots are obsolete. Its that 3 second base cast times and dots under 6,000 damage relative what to others dots are doing and peers output in total from nukes and melee are obsolete. Done properly with no more than 10 dots for a necro and a lot would change. In addition to this they could drastically streamline current debuff loads on mobs by combining more things, handling some things differently and not designing it so there is constant additions to whats needed on the mob.
    Spellfire likes this.
  14. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

In all seriousness I have shelved most of my non shaman boxes that rely on DOT damage due to just not being impactful on group level mobs. Stuff dies to quick and DOTs act too slowly. Kind of makes it rough for those aforementioned classes to get group I would think.