Necro DoT revamp

Discussion in 'Casters' started by ceto, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Siddar Augur

Enchanters were better before the changes to their DoT. Class has been in free fall sense then with know sign of having hit bottom yet. 28k DoT is small recompense for what has been lost.
  2. ShadowMan Augur

Enchanter hate is the farthest thing from the intent of my post I was merely pointing out proof of how much he is just winging it despite peoples belief its all carefully being worked out. But other hits or changes to enchanters has nothing to do with the stupid that is giving someone base dots that powerful.
  3. fransisco Augur

I disagree.
    You are clearly angry that enchanters have a more powerful dot than necros.
    Who cares? Paladins have a 95k aa nuke. Mages and wizards dont complain.
  4. Beergoggles Elder

Part of the problem is they did the dot revamps backwards. Necro dots should have been done first. As the supposed premier dot class in the game it would have made sense to do necro dot changes first to create a baseline for dot dmg and dps. It would have been much easier to balance the rest of the classes' dots in relation to the necro dot changes. Instead we got the cluster we have now with dot changes that make absolutely no sense and are highly unbalanced and changes going from test to live without any changes despite player feedback.
    Ryanxp, Superdeath and Vrinda like this.
  5. Ibudin Augur

Enchanters kick a well played necro's butt on many raid targets, not all but many. Its always Zerk, Zerk, Zerk, Wiz, Wiz Rogue, and then Chanters, Necros from there on down on the parse list. We can pick and choose some targets that one class will completely decimate the other but I know in our guild that's pretty much the norm on all targets in EOK.

Playing a raiding Necro, I am not completely disappointed in our DOT dps..I don't expect to out DPS a Zerker, but would love to be able to have an AA added (add 3 dots to one click?) or some sort of functionality so I don't have to mem 5 spells sets and rotate 20 dots to keep up with a class that's casting 4 over and over. I might actually be able to watch the event and enjoy the whole process that all the casting one needs to do to keep up the parse. I play a shaman, and love that I can click three times and have 6 dots land on a mob. The slow casting necro dot process is way over due for a fix. We're lucky we can stack all those dots but I'd give up 14 of them for the ability to stack 6 powerful ones...hell they can even do the same amount of DPS.
  6. segap Augur

You need better necros (or need to see their actual parses). They're still capable of being in the second spot behind zerkers. Some events just suck for them, but others they really shine.
    Sindaiann, Reht and Sancus like this.
  7. Siddar Augur

I disagree with DoT changes not impacting other areas. Enchanter was very self sufficient before the DoT changes. DoT change gave the class the one thing it was missing mid range dps. Once they had that they began to accumulate nerfs in other area. Bench mark for enchanter isn't necromancer its bard and in current game enchanters have a long ways to fall before they reach parity with bards. That is assuming bards will gain in dps to match enchanters and enchanters will only lose more utility to be brought in line with bards.
  8. ShadowMan Augur

You guys are really missing the point. Damage over time should mean that as in time to ramp up some with stacking as well as the tics. It should not be cast a single dot as powerful or more so then 80% of nukes in game and then your at 80% of your dotting power and on to the next mob to repeat. Its not enchanter specific but they are the only ones who were graced with that big of a dot.

Just like druids dots should not be modified by chromatic haze.

Just like necros should not get anything that big.
  9. ~Mills~ Augur

Everything working as intended! Its been 14 months since the dot revamps started and they finally get to some necro adjustments (for a dot line not shared with Shaman) and its to nerf them. HAHHAHAHA not that they ever intended the chaotic line to work like it had but still to wait this long and the first sign of anything is a nerf. GFY
  10. fransisco Augur

11. fransisco Augur

Wasn't an overall buff?
    "Converted Chaotic Contagion, Corrption, and Liquefaction to cast the highest ranks you know of the component spells. Ranks 2 and 3 now have higher chances to cast both DoTs in addition to the base debuffs."
    All spells that cast multiple other spells have been changing to cast the lvl you know of the component parts. This isn't a "necro nerf".
    Looks like a buff to me - chances of the dot being cast were increased.
  12. Brohg Augur

Previously, a necromancer so inclined could stack the individually, manually cast component dots with the triggered "chaotic" dots, provided they were of different ranks. Rk. III Liquefaction and Rk. III Pyre of the Lost, for instance, could be stacked with the triggered bits of Rk. II Chaotic Liquefaction.

This hasn't been an actual thing that good necromancers have done the past year, since the alteration to Lingering Death AA.
  13. ~Mills~ Augur

Its a nerf. And the issue isn't really that they finally got around to fixing it its that we have waited 14 months when we should have been first class done and the first thing they do is nerf a dot line instead of doing what they are gonna do to the class already. This nerf was not something that needed to occur before they could think about moving forward.

That just tells me that you don't know any good necromancers.
  14. Brohg Augur

Better dots are a full time rotation since durations were shortened, the exploit is just superfluous now.
  15. ~Mills~ Augur

Since you are Brohgblade there is no way to win the discussion even if your completely wrong because in your mind you know all.

But I can assure you that a 4675 damage base dot with 54 second duration out does most dots pre and post lingering death changes. On any raid mob that isn't undead, summoned or have corruption issues it should be in the top 8 without question. That is far from superfluous.
    Venau likes this.
  16. Brohg Augur

55% chance of getting it meliorates that 4675 considerably
  17. ~Mills~ Augur

You prorate it for each dot and chance to proc. Its a top 8 cast. Its 45% chance for that, 45% chance for 2174 and 10% for 6849.

So on avg its 3700ish but 55% of the time its gold. Its also great for a burn lineup.

Just say youre wrong and move along.
    Venau likes this.
  18. Reincarnated Lorekeeper

I disagree. I think that somehow in the process of casting the multiple dots, HS was improved. Call it a lapse in time or some sort of glitch, but I was much more likely to score a HS kill just as or shortly after a spell landed on the mob. The dots improved my HS ability.

If my parser still worked I could post proof. Now I am down to 1 dot, a dd and the 2 arrow related spells which has slowed HS down at least 25% for me.
  19. Evurkvest Augur

With all three spells at rk3 Chaotic Liquefaction now average at 4243 base dmg with skin to seedlings on mob. Spell was only good for double stacking different ranks of the same spell and the %-age increase doesnt make up for that. To not make this spell totally useless i would like the following:

- Cast both spells 100% of the time
    - Remove Scent of Dread as it takes up a buff slot and DR spells are not used much raiding. Also the AA is a better debuff and both are not really needed when raiding, just a wasted slot.
    Ryanxp likes this.
  20. Ventanni New Member

I realize that this is a progression server and probably not Daybreak's primary focus, but shamans and druids are now doing significantly more damage with their dots than necros are. Go them, and I do mean that, but where's the necro love?
    Ryanxp and Superdeath like this.