Necro dot revamp discussion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vanlaven, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Vrinda Augur

The point of contention is that one (status quo) is predictable and the other is not. Even if it all went well in the beginning, it would only take the assignment of a different dev to spell upgrades at some future date to send it all into the dumper. One dev's stated opinion and goal can be completely disregarded by another.
  2. Vanlaven Elder

Even if a different dev were to take over and hvae a different view of where we should be dps-wise, would they not be able to put us regardless of whether or not we were still using the epic? If the want us sustaining 350k dps and bursting 750k 2 expansions from now the. I would think they could put us there regardless of whether the epic were still bis or something else was.

It is very possible that im just missing something but it seems like you are hoping they balance our dps while hopefully forgetting about the bonus 12% dot crit from epic and so we end up with a little extra. I would hope that no game developer were that oblivious.

Once again i may be missing something here and i dont mean to put words in your mouth. Just trying to make sure I understand your point and all of its implications.

I just dont see trying to minimize change to maximize certainty as a viable course of action tbh. I personally think its better to try and steer the changes as best we can
    Brohg likes this.
  3. Venau Augur

1) If I'm honest I'd rather reverse the Ling Death changes, go back to stacking more DoTs, and completely ignore DoT consolidation. I enjoy the complexity of playing a necro. Perhaps power up our swifts a bit more for group content and further reduce recast timers. (just my opinion).

2) Our class, for quite some time, has been evolving under the assumption that we are using our epic. A great amount of work will be involved to remove our epic from this equation. I am not asking for it. I'd rather the Devs spend time in other areas that will improve the game.

3) Aggro and mana concerns abound when discussing a necro DoT revamp. I think we have some of the finest players in the game on point here. I'm confident they will relentlessly test and help get both of these concerns addressed before a consolidation goes live.

4) Since I enjoy stacking as many DoTs as possible I'd enjoy it if we would be allowed to use all of our DoTs on raids. We have a disease based line that is overwritten by another class's stuffs. Might wanna study that existing conflict and find resolution.

Just my opinion that you have asked to hear.
  4. Vanlaven Elder

Thank for the opinion and thats actually one of the best arguments against the removal of the necro epic and ultimately the one that keeps it from happening i think; too mich work for very little difference to one class.

As to dot stacking, I also enjoy stacking dots as well as trying to find the sweet spot on various mobs for dots that will ensure the kill but not waste a lot of dmg. However from what i understand they cant raise the debuff cap on raid mobs so they have to consolidate some of the stuff being stacked on them.

Thanks again for your thoughts.
  5. Bobsmith Augur

This thread is cancer. Staph!!
    Utaerx likes this.
  6. Vanlaven Elder

Its easy to sit back and critisize. Try making a contribution, a suggestion or voicing a concern you have about the implications of the upcomming revamp.

Just wanted a thread to toss around ideas and concerns. Inevitably some are going to be bad ones but maybe a good one or two manage to surface.