Necro DoT Changes n stuff

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Bonewielder, May 19, 2020.

1. Bonewielder New Member

So we're getting a refund for our 110 Mourgis' Swift Decay, right, since it casts two spells that will no longer stack? May I suggest a disease-based damage shield, or perhaps summonable pet weapons with a Skeleton Parts component?
    Speaking of refunds, don't forget the Hastened Decay AA under Foci.
    And I want a pony.
  2. Szilent Augur

run patcher, peep dem notes
  3. Tuco Augur

This post has changed my mind about the dot changes. I now hope they release as is, are stupid OP for a few months and then nerfed to give necros worse sustained DPS than monks right before the next expansion.
  4. Bonewielder New Member

Grip of Decay, lovely, ty.
  5. seber Augur

cant wait see all mags and wiz cry Neco maybe 1week ??
  6. Ibudin Augur

Wiz and Mages have their niche, but they haven't been able to compete with necros on the raid scene for a long time. In fact the only classes that give necros fits, and rarely, are the zerkers and rogues. Group game, its a toss up, pretty even playing field over the long haul, with the edge to the other classes.

This dot change is going to be interesting.
  7. Tuco Augur

It won't take a week, they've got them tears ready.

[IMG]
  8. GoneFission Augur

It looks to me from the patch notes that the swift dots are being written out of the game. If they don’t deal more damage than the non-swift line, and they also don’t stack with it, why would I keep using it?
  9. Lyyr Lorekeeper

Swift dots now go into the same category that our cleric tier nukes go. Rarely worth a spell gem and/or global cooldown.
  10. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Has anyone messed with these changes on test? I have spell lineups based on calculations for DPS or longevity (situational)...just wondering how massive the mana cost changes will be. I xp grind on high hitpoint mobs requiring me to be efficient over long periods of time these changes will be interesting to say the least.
  11. Lyyr Lorekeeper

Mind Erosion/Excoriation is going to have a permanent place on your spell bar.
  12. Silu Elder

If they now can land on raid mobs without any damage derate (which from my reading of the patch notes they can) and they don't have a special cooldown anymore, there could be some use for them allowing necros to actually do some damage while clearing fast dying raid trash.
  13. Mesil Lorekeeper

The damage of the swift dots got reduced significantly, they are useless in group now, and on raids even more.
  14. Lyyr Lorekeeper

Yep, but the change is actually a boost for swift's on raid targets, however the swift dot's are still not affected by enhanced decay.
  15. seber Augur

I don't see any more room on raid mobs for other class really Neco just stack ever magic dot I think