Necro box for a pally?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Redemption, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Monkman Augur

From what it sounds like the OP wants a box to drag around to boost the main toon, Bard hands down.

/melody and forget
  2. Redemption Lorekeeper

thought i would revisit this while waiting for patch. I got the necro lvled to 110 and geared it out in ts ros stuff. made 4 hot keys that all includ burn bones. the necro does pretty minimal damage. just 25% of most mobs. however my dps on live mobs is great.i usually manage to get 3 casts of BB in on a mob and land 5 or 6 slay undead. at 600k to 1 mill its worth it and fun. also being able to take out names is new for me. i usually had to camp phs and then hope i could round up ppl for a kill fast enough to beeat another group swooping in. i might try a bard if i can find one i am sure they have alot to offer
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. Zinc New Member

I actually use a 110 Necro with my 110 Paladin too. I didn't really plan it that way, but I main switched to a Paladin and had the Necro handy still so.....

I use some simple macros to have pet attack, cast Burn Bones, Swift Dots, and swarm pet. His damage is all over the place, but its definitely a bonus to see SU hits on any mob.

I used this pairing to do all of EotD questing (minus the lavabomb mob) and once the power conduit is fixed today, I can finish up Arx Mentis, which I did from scratch.

So, definitely not claiming its the best pairing, but its certainly functional and can give the Paladin some decent dps against all mob types.
  4. Alekzandre Augur

That would be a fun duo. I used to group with some necro's back in the day. They actually add much more to a group than people understand. They can heal the hp and restore the mana on the Pally, snare the runner , then fear the mob, just to name a few. The Lull and FD combo opens up some pulling tactics.

Adding a Bard would be easy. Maybe a Beastlord to be really unusual and easy. The Beast would add slows, dps, buffs, pet stuns, etc. Just a thought.

The combo will work much better than most think it will IMO.
  5. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

A pally and ench box can go to HS basement in ROS and do pretty much anything. Some recent rune recast nerfs had to happen with enchs to keep them from being stupidly op...but they are still pretty much op :D