Necro AA: Reluctant Benevolence

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Grove, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Grove Augur

I noticed that the hot button I had in place had a name change from just Reluctant Benevolence to Disable Reluctant Benevolence. I checked with another Necro and he said go to the AA list for Class and find the alternate version.

This is what happened when I did that. I saw no alternate version. At 105 I had purchased 24 out of 25 levels; I purchased the last level and the name in the AA list changed from Disabled to Enabled. Thinking - GOOD. Copied this to my hot bar and see no change, still reading Disabled.

In experimentation, I clicked the button a few times. In my chat window I see that it seems to toggle between Disabled and Enabled. However, whatever it says in the chat window the name of the AA in the in the hot bar remains Reluctant Benevolence DISABLED and I see no icon In the buff/song window as used to appear.
  2. ~Mills~ Augur

It doesnt matter if its enabled or disabled at this point. Dzarn killed the AA line entirely by linking it to lifetaps only. A 25% chance to heal for a bit more on a spell you never cast is pointless. If you know you need healing you use tap dots and a merc there is zero situation in game where chain casting nuke lifetaps for a 25% proc heal is beneficial. The AA line is dead now.
  3. Azorin Journeyman

Very true - this AA needs to be refunded or changed back to a useful state (ie work on all dots at the least or returned to prenerf description).

RB is now passive and does nothing unless you cast a crappy lifetap DD spell (25% chance RB might process). It is now pointless! I would like my 100s of AAs spent on RB back. We cast DoTs not lifecraps!!! I have not had a lifetap DD spell in my lineup in about 8 years or more.
  4. Xnao Augur

I doubt they will reverse the nerf. Should ask for lifetap to be boosted to 20k base damage imo.
    Felicite likes this.
  5. menown Augur

Another option would be to combine all our various DD spells into 1. This means you only need to cast 1 spell to lifetap, proc Chaotic Power, and turn undead. This simplification would free up a lot of spell gem space for the grouping/soloing necro.
    fransisco and Felicite like this.
  6. Xnao Augur

That is an even better idea. No one could say it is overpowered and it would give utility. If venin is still around may as well roll that in as well for some sweet sweet EE.
    menown likes this.
  7. High Voltage Augur

You guys are used to flying below the dev's radar. Just keep it that way.
  8. Mesil Lorekeeper

Reluctant Benevolence AA is totally useless now. I would like to have a refund of the AA spent in that ability please.
    I dont use lifetap spell. Why should I? In groups there is a healer (in raids too), and when soloing old content I dont need a heal (or use a mercenary...) Heal amount/damage on lifetap is laughable with current hp and mob hp/dps output.
    Reluctant Benevolence AA main purpose was to help the healer in group/raid a little bit.
    Felicite and ---Xislaben--- like this.
  9. nantalbus Elder

at this point the only way rb is ever going be useful again is for them to do one of 3 things.

1st. undo this nerf(very low odds on this one)
    2nd. as other here stated combine the dd lines into one dd(be nice but can't see it done they say the dd would be to over powerful)
    3rd. if they ever get round to the dot changes and lower us to 9 dots or less(have to be that as most necros going keep allance up and blood dd for the proc on raids.)
    Felicite and menown like this.
  10. Xnao Augur

You are used to flying under MY radar. Move along buddy.
  11. fransisco Augur

unless you are playing a new alt, doesn't every 105 have all AA even remotely important by this point? What would a refund do?
  12. ---Xislaben--- Augur

I'm sure there's tons of people who haven't bought every last possible useful AA. Right now, RB isn't really one of those.
    Felicite likes this.
  13. High Voltage Augur

lol
  14. Siddar Augur

15. Tinyfeet Elder

QFT.

RIP RB
  16. menown Augur