Necro 3-box suggestions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by CashIsKing, Jun 21, 2018.

1. CashIsKing New Member

I recently discovered ISBoxing software and loving it. I 5 box sk-cler-mage-ench-wiz and my friend fills our group with his druid. We boosted to 85 and are just having a lot of fun. When I am on by myself I 3 box mage-druid-ench.

My friend has had to retire early and has a lot of extra time now. He wants to try out the software with a necro 3 box. I have not played a necro so really not sure what other 2 classes to suggest. He is dead set on playing a necro even though he has never played one. His strategy is to pull one with FD then root/rot. I could only think of druid and shaman adding their dots. No need for mercs. He will be boosting all three to 85.

With root/rot, do you even use your pets? How do you deal with nameds that cannot be rooted? Oh he is going to be pestering me with questions on a strategy I have not played before.

Any suggestion and playing hints will be appreciated.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

I just signed up for ISboxing but have not the time yet to set it up.
    maybe this weekend.

I want set it up for Foraging , fishing and drinking and moving chars faster and to be on my tank more and not be afk on it while trying to cast on my other boxes to heal or slow or dps. or switching all the chars so they have damage for + faction hits.

I dont know much about necros - you can use your pets if your Fear kiting but not sure if fear kiting is for higher levels or not.

Root rotting can sit you pets on the mob that breaks root. and then back it off after re-rooted.

here is some info for an 85 nercro
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/85-heroic-necro-rotation.248897/
  3. CashIsKing New Member

Funny you mentioned, Forage. That is the one action I have not been able to work correctly. I drive my enchanter while mage & druid sit on their mount. I tried to set it up so when I press a button on my enchanter, the druid will forage and auto-inventory twice. I cannot get that to work. The macro works just fine when on the druid but cannot get to work when clicking through the enchanter.
  4. Rubikant New Member

3 box with a necro would depend on how you'd like to play. I'd recommend a bard no matter what, their songs focus necro dots and their mana regen stacks with lich. After that, if you want to pet tank, you could try with the necro pet (I've heard good and bad things, never tested it myself) and heal with a slowing shaman or add a mage for the mage pet. Necro pets tank worse than Mage and Beaslord pets. The mage would add on-demand pet weapons and armor, which would be a nice thing to have.

Reading the forums, it seems like adding a tank would make the trio future proof, though. I'd consider paladin or warrior since the necro already brings the utility an sk adds (FD pulling and snare which the bard can also do). Though having three chars with reliable fades (Fade, and Feign Death) would be nice to have when it was needed. A paladin and necro should do pretty well in undead zones.

If you wanted to root rot, I'd add a druid or shaman. Extra buffs plus their utility and heals for when things go wrong.The bard could twist in chants, but I'd mostly just use it for mana regen and dot focusing.

I used to snare kite a lot and duo'd with a wizard. I'd dot the mob up, and secure agro with the necro. Then when the mob hit like 80% hp, I'd stand the wizard up and finish it off.

I've always wanted to level up a beastlord, so, this weekend I'm going to give bard, beast, necro a try.

For nameds, Necros can send in their tank pet, with a couple healing mercs, or swarm pets depending on how quickly you can bring the named down. If you plan on pet tanking nameds, a real healer would be a big leg up. You could also pop a tank merc until you got your good pet focus and aa's.

To cover the most bases, I think I would recommend Necro/Bard/Shaman. This would be a good root rot and pet tanking group.

Hope that helps.
  5. Rhaage Augur