Nec/Sk Dot Revamps

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Nekk, Jan 12, 2018.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

Empires of Kunark is among the top expansions, and it attracted a lot of returning players. You might be referring to TBM, which came out around when the franchise was sold.

Live is in better shape than ever, also because it has become a more dificult game again, with a lot of complexity to take into account.

Having played Live to 95 means you have experienced the game to about the state it was in a decade ago, plus the mechanics that are put in to make lower levels faster and easier.

I do not know from where you picked up your opinions on Everquest Live. There appears to be some cultural differences between TLP and Live, whith some “othering” going on, and I wonder if this is the case here.

Necros should have had their revamp already, but they are still a very strong class, with very high raid dps parses, and a toolbox like no others.

I do invite you to play on Live, it is great, especially if you get a good guild. Learning to play the Live game is very rewarding, but also a challenge (which is rewarding in itself). I am quite convinced that if you succeed in reaching 110 and 25k AA, your perpective of the Live game will be completely different.

Cheers
  2. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Will dots bounce because the number of debuff slots on raid targets is too small in the same way they were when I quit playing live for the last time? Yes, they will. Nothing has changed there.
  3. groznel New Member

How many raids are they "a very strong" class? What qualifies this? What are very high raid dps parses? How many of these fights would allow enough debuffs for more than 1 or 2 optimally-played necros? What is the context for this unique toolbox - the group game? They are by the far the weakest dps (either silk or melee) class in groups.
    Spellfire likes this.
  4. Cadira Augur

They should be good raid dps on cactiki, warleader from sf, most of the goro named (live) drusella, skulls in her vault, venril/rile, hoshkar, and silverwing from what I've seen or would guess.

Tonyy was kicking my raid geared wizards butt in group content dps, and better than any of the melee in group. He probably sustained 150k dps in a fast paced high ish dps group. Their toolbox includes roots, snares, amazing pet tank, believe they have a punt root? Ability to fd and rez, summon corpses.

The debuff issue is certainly real and restricting having multiple necro in a raid guild, but I think you're playing with garbage necros if you don't know their true value.
  5. Brohg Augur

Quality as raid dps doesn't take qualifying, it's numerical. Every raid takes a certain amount of damage to win. Sometimes it needs to be here-or-there, but the overall number is important every time.

As for which raids?
    Fell Foliage
    End of Empires
    Balance of Power
    Crypt Robbers
    Sathir Line
    Hoshkar
    Silverwing
    ... that's 7/9 raid events that good necromancers can expect to have raid-topping parses on, and the other two they'll still be very good on depending on raid makeup.

Every raid allows enough debuffs for more than 1 or 2 optimally-played necros. Things get sketchy around 4, depending on how many & how ambitious dru/shm there are. Having more than 3 of any class besides cle/war/brd in a raid is an unusual imbalance.

As for group output?
    My amateur :
    Necro at 108. Conflagrant gear, autogrant AAs, magician pet tank so no multi-pulls:
    /GU Combined: An arisen convert in 3815s, 1,333.0m @349418sdps | #2 Leeni + pets 375.0m@(98443 dps in 3809s)

109-dinging-110-along-the-way. SK tank so some multi-pulls!:
    /GU Combined: Arisen Fenistra in 4626s, 1,738.2m @375755sdps | #1 Leeni + pets 609.1m@(132.0k dps in 4616s)

And, yep, definitely resed some folks in combat while I was doing that, and CCd with roots for the magician.
  6. groznel New Member

You named your guild's top necro blowing out comparable guild raid wizards, dropping 150k dps in a group then going on about toolbox utility. I'm a big fan of those root/snare/punt/corpse abilities but how does that figure into any of this?
  7. Darkoon Journeyman

I am curious about something, how can a necro sustain 150k dps in a fast paced group?
  8. groznel New Member

I assumed this was a typo, but have argued in good faith since.
  9. Darkoon Journeyman

Was just curious...:(
    Cause to me, a fast paced group is killing mobs in 30secs.
  10. kizant Augur

Fast paced groups AE, right? All you need is to maintain 4 mobs in camp for Sphere of Decay to give you 150k DPS all by itself.
  11. Darkoon Journeyman

True...
    Just thought there was something more to it than that.
  12. Cadira Augur

If you have legitimate short term memory loss I'll excuse you for not realizing that I was answering the exact questions you put forth.

Granted, I didn't go much into detail on how the necros parse on those events I mentioned they do well on. On some of the longer ones they are on the top or at least top 5-10 for the parse.
    Brohg likes this.
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

I am no expert on necros, so my viewpoint come from an angle of admiration and apreciation.

I think the raid points where commented by people with better understanding than me, left to say is only that they very often beat me on raid dps :). I likely suck, but I do try my best...

I think the traditional perception of the necro is that she is a loner, that can do the most crazy things without needing help, and that was part of the atraction of the class. That is the design of the toolbox, and the gameplay that it most uniquely supports. I think it is part of the premis that one has to embrace and enjoy, the ability to do what nobody else can do, alone. The cost of choice is in this case the gameplay elements not pertaining to the necro. Single mob group play is not ideal for the necro. Multimob group is not ideal for the mage, in comparrison.
  14. Brohg Augur

Beammmm
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

Aggro... for me at least.
  16. kizant Augur

Everyone needs a decent tank to AE. Not sure how it's any different.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  17. Sancus Augur

Does the Necro aura attribute aggro properly now? It used to only generate 1 point of aggro.
  18. kizant Augur

It looks like it's still 1. I don't know, I guess if pets can tank 4 or 5 mobs at a time they could get away with it solo/molo.
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

I am a delicate snowflake...
  20. halagren Journeyman

bump, still waiting for a dev to respond