Nec/Sk Dot Revamps

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Nekk, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Ibudin Augur

17 pages, wow. Another patch has incoming and they made changes to almost everything but Necros. They are saving up the best for last - i can feel it coming, almost like when you've been at a camp killing PH's and you know the next cycle is a namer ....but it still never comes:)
  2. Monkman Augur

I think the lack of comments by the dev team actually is a good thing. They probably are working on it but need to consolidate other stuff first. Just look at the account to account transfers and how quick they are to say look it’s not gonna happen anytime soon but it’s on our list
  3. Forcallen Augur

Their lack of comments doesn't tell us anything but like you say I think it means they probably are working on it as they can. And by they its probably just Aristo as he can fit it in. If they were just done they probably would say that or say its gonna be a very long time ( the original "over the next few months" meant 2 and a half years and counting).

However the fact that they just keep making the debuff cap problem worse in the meantime grows ever tiring.
  4. Venau Augur

The lack of a simple reply by anyone working at EQ is LOLsy.

Maybe we havent complained loudly enough? I've thought of piling on to Forcallens comment in patch notes.....but I didn't do it because I know the inevitable result would be a......mage pet nerfo_O:D
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  5. kizant Augur

I'm starting to think they never talked about a necro dot revamp in the first place. This has all been a conspiracy on the part of the necro community to trick us all into believing they did.
    Thoxsel and Sancus like this.
  6. halagren Journeyman

necros are hurting super bad on TLP servers because of this. my guild is down to 1 necro on phinigel. something needs to happen soon, all the other dot classes got their revamp, and frankly they can out dps a necro because of it. not gonna be any necros left if they dont do something (at least on TLP post classic lol)
  7. Spellfire Augur

I'm wondering if we make it to a 3 year anniversary ...

halagren and kizant like this.
  8. Nekk Augur

Who wants to guess on when we get a reply from a dev about nec dot revamps? 20k views, 350 replies? 25k views 400 replies? 500 replies? 1k replies? Who knows. :(
  9. groznel New Member

i don't know who reads these threads or how many views are significant, but i will say, there are necromancers reading updates and hoping to come back
  10. Siddar Augur

Yep thats me. Been retired sense new expansion was released will come back once the changes to necromancer dots go live. Until then I just check the fourms about twice week.
  11. Ythera Augur

Necros in my guild on Phinigel have slowly been retiring. Down to 3 of them where we used to have 5-6.
  12. Jaylin Augur

I guess the the dot revamps are like fight club. The first rule ofdot revamps is you don't talk about..... Ooopps I said too much
  13. xaga Elder

i will be back :p
  14. snailish Augur

This thread is a long read. I've played necro for years, but mostly as a casual dabbler and I am not up to speed in current content. Maybe my thoughts are way off base, any merit to:

-revamp is to reduce debuff slots used on raid mobs, couldn't necros just have 1 dot spell of each resist keyed to only work on raid mobs? (raid and rare flags exist for NPC... is that any different than plant/animal/undead? --as in a flag that could be used to differentiate spell usage). The raid superdot would block all other spells in the resist line.. aka killing raid mobs = one spell set, killing trash in a raid is the the other. But at least not having to switch during all sustained combat on single targets.

Then you don't do anything to dots for the solo game.

Group game (while half the posts in this thread) is a different thing than the purpose of the dot revamp (reduce debuff slot use). Group game... couldn't that just be fixed with an aura that focuses (faster cast/harder hit/high aggro) necro DD relative to the size of the group (such coding was done for LoY charms after all). Aka give necro some modern bursty fast kill group use but only when in such a group.

All of the above ideas might be completely unfeasible/dumb, but the point is the issues raised likely require different solutions.
  15. Darkoon Journeyman

An interesting idea for a dot revamp for necros is, the more people he/she is grouped with,
    the stronger the dots get.
    That way, they are still ok to root rot with, but if you want to group, they get stronger.
    Almost, as if they steal power/essence from the people you are grouped with.
    How necro(ish) would that be.
    Maybe that would help with grouping/raiding.
    And minimize issues with necro dots being too overpowered.
    snailish likes this.
  16. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Since I quit Agnarr in the middle of January, I stopped playing altogether but I do forum-lurk on occasion. A couple of times I've thought about dusting off my live necro (stopped at level 95) because I genuinely do like the class.

I come to the same conclusion every time...why would I spend all of the time re-learning how to play live again, just for a chance at DB fixing the debuff limit and the requirement of rotating dozens of dots, in the current content? The last several expansions seem terrible, and it seems the only reason people still play is because they are basically locked into their characters and they would continue to play the game regardless of how terrible the current expansions were.

I'm sure my opinion is a common one, and it so hilarious that they have seemingly not even responded to the large number of threads on the topic.

How hard could it be to spend a little bit of time reading some of the numerous opinions on the topic, and do some tuning to address the matter?
  17. Brohg Augur

Because most of the remainder of your post is, at best, speculative, subjective and pretty questionable. If you still played EverQuest, you might spend the time relearning how high level play goes in order to be better informed.

Level 95 means you were last Live Necromancering six years ago.
  18. Ravanta Suffer Augur

As if I would somehow have a different opinion than just about every post I have seen on the topic. That it hasn't changed, and in certain respects, has even gotten worse.
  19. Brohg Augur

I don't make decisions predicated on the presumption that I would feel the same way as others regarding subjects I have limited insight on. You do you, I guess.
  20. Sancus Augur

I have a different opinion, and I think a lot of other people do as well. Live has gotten better in many ways than it used to be, including for the Necro class. I think you wanted to come to the conclusion you came to, and as such you're interpreting a consensus that doesn't actually exist. Certainly much of what you're seeing is unfounded hyperbole intended to create a narrative, because people think the devs will respond to that for some reason.