[NEC] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcallen Augur

My choice for focus would be Extension of Embalmers Carapace. 1 tick added for group robe focus 2 ticks added for raid focus.

My first choice for click would be a mana. I don't see how it can be deemed ok (by whomever must also approve this) that wizards can have a mana click robe and that enchanters can have a mana click robe but for necros its not. We would just want equivalent to what you end up granting wizards or if ours is going to take hps away it should then have a higher return for the hp cost(thats how all our lich abilties have worked).

If not as a second choice a pet defensive click or DI could work, but they would have to be pretty beefy. Considering how weak our base tank pet is and since pets avoid damage at a fraction of the rate that players do.
    Bobsmith and menown like this.
  2. strongbus Augur

gota agree on this. But want to add while mana return click would also be my 1st chose If its not possible some sort of damage boost for pet would be nice. not talking bout a proc but some sort of temp increase to the pets melee output for like 1 or 2 mins would be nice.
  3. kizant Augur

Wizards need mana tho.
  4. Spellfire Augur

Focus: Extension of Embalmers Carapace

Click: Pet DI sounds interesting and I like it, but Mana click would be my #1 choice for necro BP. Could make it work like Forcallen said, higher return for the hp cost (that's how all our lich abilities have worked).
    menown likes this.
  5. Moege Augur

Not super existed about it Focus: Extension of Embalmers Carapace sounds like the best idea.

Pet DI no thanks our pets are already so weak that this will be a useless click in my eyes, maybe if it did the DI and stripped all detrimental effect from pet and had a 1minute reuse time then just maybe I would bother to click it.

Hard to care enough and come up with ideas when I don't know what is happening with the class as a whole.
  6. Venau Augur

Focus: Increase duration of EC....Love it! Let's do that!

Clicky: How about a life tap buff and DI buff combo? Seems to make sense. The life tap would help with pet survival and the DI would be the back up plan.
    menown likes this.
  7. menown Augur

It sounds like there are no objections to the Focus increasing the duration of Embalmer's Carapace.

For the click, most agree a mana return clicky is our first choice.

I really like Venau's idea for the click too. It falls in line with us being a pet class and a lifetap class. It also helps to mitigate how poor our pets perform. My question now is if the buff lasts 10 minutes, how much should the lifetap hit for and how often should it proc? Say the damage limit on BP clickies is raised to 300,000. That would be 30K in lifetaps every 60 seconds. Not very effective. But the limit is still unknown and some lifetaps are better than nothing. Also, if the DI fires off early then you would lose the lifetap procs, which is an incentive to keeping the pet alive.

I also like the idea that the DI would cure the pet of any DoTs when it fires off. There are some nasty DoTs in RoS. This would help the pet survive some more.
    kizant likes this.
  8. Inga Elder

As a group geared player, I personally prefer current focus.
    I know stacking problem with the eyes, so is it possible to create different focus for group and raid version?
    I will accept EC Extension if they have to share same type focus, or other group players prefer it.

I am fine with mana click.
  9. Siddar Augur

I agree with menown's idea of a mind wrack click.
  10. Azorin Journeyman

Raid BP Click: create 25 spell slots for 5 min (needed to ramp-up) on mob that can only be used by me to cast my 22+ dots and 2+ debuffs (ie. pipe dream).

Group Version: mind wrack click sounds right or click adds a full set of armor and weapons to pet when clicked (so maybe it can tank a light blue mob before dying) - might need 3 min refresh since I will need a new pet after my pet dies on the dark blue mob.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thanks for the feedback. Note. It looks like we plan to use 302 which is crit focus and as effective as the old focus effect so can work with small boost. So the Pyre and Sickness can work. My only thing to check is to be sure the epic doesn't use that. I'll pout the Embalmers Carapace duration on the table as well.
    As for the clicks. I'll ask :) I like the pet lifetap. Will see about mana, but no promises.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.