Nature's Destruction Bug

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drewm, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Kuvani Journeyman

I like that you ignored 90% of what I said, perhaps because even you cannot come up with at least some semblance of a counterargument for those points?

I'm honestly not sure if you just do not understand how SPAs work or how healing and DPSing works, but for a reason I cannot comprehend, I am forced to believe that you are not understanding my post at all or able to suggest a reasonable click.

1. I do apologize if I came off as rude, but do not pretend you were "anything but rude." In general, I try to be reasonable and constructive. I really have no issues with people disagreeing with me at all, but at least have a valid counterargument or be able to back up your claims. Feel free to even ask questions to better understand what I am suggesting.

Do you really believe the people I collaborate and play with always agree with everything I have to say? I know that people in this game can disagree, and that both parties can have valid arguments; however, this is not the case for your posts because many of your posts are far from valid or reasonable.

2. I am not "costing us another tool" by suggesting this click. I am once again under the impression that you do not understand how our SPAs work. The suggested debuff click is significantly more useful than what it currently is - even if it does bounce sometimes because our current click makes that little of a difference overall.

I would once again like to add that SPAS 286 and 392 are essentially useless. This is a point that you keep ignoring for some reason, but please try and argue because although I do not want to post parses, I would almost be happy to post them in order to prove my point.

I would also like to add that sometimes when my current click is used for DPS purposes, I am required to cast a heal next - although I guess if you do not care about your group, then maybe you disagree. If you're performing how you should be, in these situations, most, if not all BP counters are completely wasted because of the design of our click. Honestly, this is almost not even worth mentioning, especially because my previous statement is the biggest reason that our click is pathetic, but you seem to be under the impression that our BP click is some amazing tool.

I would comment more on the debuff slot aspect of this point and your idea to make it a group buff, but it appears Gotcharms summed up what I wanted to say very nicely already. Plus, I'm clearly not capable of being succinct on these forums.

I've already said that, at least in theory, I like the idea behind our current click. I just do not like how it is currently implemented, so I have suggested a new click that takes into consideration how SPAs, buffs, and debuffs work - as well as rules that have been stated regarding BP clicks.

3. This isn't another "Kuvani pushed change that requires you to swap BPs." Many Druids were in favor of the change to our focus for reasons I've already stated. I know that a lot of Druids I play with or speak to wanted to have a BP focus that actually benefits themselves, especially when you can still utilize the old focus. The current focus wasn't even my first choice. It was just the most popular choice in the mix of reasonable suggestions at the time. I hate commenting on the forums because of situations like this. This is far from constructive. I only even made that post last year because I had many Druids from multiple guilds asking me to post my thoughts. That is the reason for my post here as well as the reason for my wishes thread.

I do not have ulterior motives. I am just trying to be an advocate for our class (by including the opinions of many others). Of course I am absolutely ready to back up my suggestions with reason, logic, and balance if someone disputes me; but I also really want to hear what other Druids (and even other classes in many cases) have to say, and I expect the same in return from them. As you said, that is the point of collaboration.

On top of that, why would you have to swap your BP if the click is changed? Swapping BPs is not my preferred method of class improvement. It's annoying, but I care about my group. Stop making baseless claims about me. I am and always have been more than willing to give reason on why I want a specific change.

4. Twinheal is also a tool in the other priest's arsenal? On top of that, it is also a tool that I barely use. Given it's design, how AE's work, and the amount of HP players actually have, our twinheal is very situational. For how it is designed, the added healing is not as useful as you are making it sound in many situations.

I don't know what raids your guild is doing, but casters definitely take damage on raids. Alliance, splashes, and runes aid us greatly with heals, but we are still required to heal significantly on many events even in a caster group of solid players that are aware of their surroundings.

My argument quite literally stated that our heals need boosts, and it has nothing to do with the healing power or amount of our heals, so I am not sure what you are getting at? Again, I did say the difference in base healing on our spells is not the reason we fall behind other priests. Even if the base amounts were greater, it would make no difference in our healing capabilities. Healing does not work the same as DPS. You cannot increase large gaps in overall healing that is caused by having less spells and utility by taking the one spell a class has and increase the base healing on it significantly - this includes allowing the heal to twinproc.

You also state that a minor improvement in utility and reduction in cast/recast times are sufficient changes, yet you also state that receiving another heal is the way to start? Which is it? I am not saying I agree or disagree with these statements (my opinions are in our wishes thread) but that I do not understand the logic behind your statements.

Why don't you please just stick to healing on your paladin?

5. Again, here is you ignoring most of what I said. I said:

"As far as the heal goes, it would be triggered only off the initial cast."

That is not what you said in your post. If you meant to say that, you worded it horribly; but either way, it is not what you actually said.

For the record, I want to "drastically" change our BP because it is a good and necessary change. If someone else comes up with an alternative click that is actually useful, easy to implement, and reasonable (properties that none of your suggestions have possessed if you read comments made by others). I am all for collaboration, especially if you are not making unfounded accusations at me, but what you are attempting to do is not collaboration. I am more than willing to hear out an alternative suggestion. I would just like to hear solid reasoning for that suggestion and how it would be coded or implemented. I do not think that is much to ask.
    Fooba likes this.
  2. Goodn Augur

Hello Ngreth,

Thanks for the response.

Maybe there was a little confusion with so many folks answering in the thread. The Druid BP clicky is currently has a bug. The clicky claims to affect direct damage spells but the reality is that the offensive side counters tick down for both direct damage and damage over time spells (with damage over time spells receiving roughly 30k or 35k divided by number of normal ticks damage per tick). Further more, the counters tick down for each tick of an active dot. So if you were to use the BP and then cast two dots, you could wind up with up to 500k less damage than if you were just to use direct damage spells (in a worse case scenario).

So...either the clicky buff needs a modification or Nature's Will needs a description change. I looked at the forum history and found no mention of the BP effect working for dots. Unfortunately I don't have access to Beta forums so I cannot say for certain it wasn't mentioned there. but I don't remember anything...and based upon who has responded in this thread, no one else seems to either.

If you want to modify the buff, I think Sancus provided the fix earlier in the thread. Seems simple, but I don't know that for sure.

If you want to modify the description instead, that's fine as well. I tried to spend a few minutes to come up with an non-misleading text blurb change...and I couldn't get one that was anywhere close to short.

Completely understand about being swamped and fully understand if this misses the September patch schedule. But I am hopeful that such a short change would easily be able to make the October patches.

And I certain agree that the clicky effect should be reexamined if/when a new BP is added.

Thanks,

Goodn