Named Hunting..... DEVS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by shep569, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

People should know by now rare hunting is a time sink. But everytime there's a rare bonus people think rare's should spawn every other cycle doesnt work like that people.
  2. Snazster Elder

The problem with igneous insect is he spawns in several spots too far away from each other to nab them all from one camp. And, of course, even if you could invis a move to the next after each kill it’s only a matter of time until another group comes along and sets up a camp at one or more of them.
  3. Aiona Augur

Duck season.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Snazster Elder

Know for a fact the named can pop on regular Falcon spawn points. I can even point at some of those those spots, but it does seem that certain spots are favored—maybe only those spawn named. The soothes seem completely random at any spawn point but I’ll pay more attention.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Unless of course you're in a raid-geared AE group, where the bard runs down one side of the canyon and back up the other side, pulling every bug in the zone to a group of wizards who AE the crap out of everthing...which is what I've seen several times on Drinal.

Clearly, they're grinding cloaks, but it also means they're pulling/killing ALL the placeholders for the insect pretty quickly.
  6. uberkingkong Augur

It has to be a Dev, not a game master.
    Dev's adjust the spawn rates game masters do not.

Vaniki, I have been camping him 6 days straight, he just is not spawning everytime its RNG decision on whether he will spawn or not. Spawn!!! its been 6 days and not a spawn.
  7. SomeForumLoser New Member

have fun waiting 6 more weeks on him lulz
  8. Retty Lorekeeper

Would you like to speak with the manager?
  9. Windance Augur

King Xorrb is another nearly impossible to spawn named.

I was obsessed with getting a Blued Two-Handed Hammer which requires a Slime Crystal Staff from King Xorbb.

Mobs levels are trivial, yet I spent the better part of 3x months of on/off mass killing everything in the zone before having him pop. Total time was easily 100+hrs.
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

He's a bad one. Somehow, I've managed to spawn him twice. I have two blued two handed hammers.