Name Change Issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CellRx, Mar 25, 2022.

1. CellRx New Member

I am trying to revert my character name back to what it used to be.Upon trying it out, I get an error saying something to the effect of "the name is on a list of names not allowed by the game". If it were an issue of duplication, it would show something like "name already exists, please choose another".

Within the chat room function, prior to server selection, I hold the name there (when i type it says "[name I want]: insert chat here... "

I do not understand why I can't go back to it, when it used to be mine and no one else is using it. I submitted a support ticket and they told me to post here.

Please no trolling. Yes I realize had I not changed it in the first place, I wouldn't have this problem. I have no care for a troll's opinion on the subject.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So what is the name that you want that is not allowed. Cause like you said the error is not that the name is not available but that it is on the list

Lots of changes in society over the last few years so its highly possible what used to be acceptable no longer is
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

CatsPaws may well have the answer in this case, but you can also petition and ask why. No system is perfect and errors do happen.
  4. niente Developer

We should probably clean up the bad name DB tables. These are what block players for having a partial name that is in the table. You probably had a name that was allowed, and some time after your character was created, part of your name was added to the bad names list. There is a lot of stuff in there that shouldn't be (EQ used to have much stricter RP rules for names, and I don't think GMs always knew that when they changed someone's name, they have the option of adding it to a list that would mean no one else can ever use that name).
    RPoo, Aanuvane, minimind and 4 others like this.
  5. CellRx New Member

I appreciate the attempt to support. In an effort to ensure that the name is still there, after a potential fix is in place, I would rather not discuss it publicly. I was told to post here to get the eyes of a developer. To address your comment though, the name has a high probability of never being considered a bad word, innuendo, or anything that could be perceived as bad. Unless I am unaware of some foreign language translation of it or something.

Agreed. I know there can be flaws. I submitted a ticket and was told to come here, in the attempt to have a dev's eye on it.

Niente! Thank you so much for reading and responding to my message. I felt like this post would be a long shot and I am truly grateful for your reply. Is there a way to have you, or someone like yourself, message me personally to gauge the name I am referring to? I know it is a lot to ask for such a silly "issue" but it would mean a lot.
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

One of the reasons I want account transfers back; I thought about deleting on one account and re-creating heroic on the other; but I might lose my name entirely.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. CellRx New Member

The issue was found and fixed!

Thank you @Niente
    RPoo likes this.