Nagafin Downed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EQ_Scotty, May 23, 2015.

1. Aiona Augur

I was in Solusek's Eye grouped with a few of their guild members. Congrats Twisted Legacy!

By the way, I keep hearing how TL has built up a little bit of a reputation but from my experience, some of the folks in their guild are pretty nice and/or cool. Like many guilds, they are prone to have bad apples too - and I've seen a few of those as well (I'm looking at you: two players 6-boxing mages and KS'ing DPS-racing everything they see, and being rude in chat on top of it.)
  2. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

A lot faster than I would have guessed, especially given the rocky launch and instability. So is it 6 months to Kunark vote, or do the Planes open first?
  3. Totally Conquered New Member

planes first need all dem boss merbs to die first
  4. wahnd New Member

Grats TL. Quicker then I expected. Now if I can just get logged in for once and hit lvl 2 I will be happy :)
    Nuanil likes this.
  5. Vlerg Augur

GOOD.

so now that it's proven, again, that classic raid bosses are NOTHING remotly close to the monsters they were in 1999 ( and you probably noticed, even if you are a naked warrior, that mobs fall over).

can we vote for an early kunark? early velious?
    Aenoan likes this.
  6. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Gotcha. Just been casually following the saga as a lot of old friends are giving it a try.
  7. jordune Augur

glad it wasent a Cit incarnation
  8. Exitx Journeyman

No way, the longer the better.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  9. Binny45 New Member

I don't want an early Kunark or Velious. People rushing through content? Too bad! It's not a race folks, it's an MMO. Enjoy the experience. If need be, go level some alts.
  10. Detheb Augur

Im just going to throw this out there, Roshen, Pay attention to this guy. Drop Naggy and Vox to 4-6 hours! Im backing this 100%
    Tielovou and Iila like this.
  11. Fnyanea Augur

They should have called this server "ragequit"....
  12. Thulack New Member

Lol you do realize that Ragefire uses current day EQ numbers when it comes to combat and regen and all that crap. Yes naggy and vox are easy when you take that into account. No way that same group of toons would have beat them on Project 1999 where the game mechanics are actually like 1999 unlike the joke it is here.
  13. Apple New Member

It would be interesting if Vox/Nagi were 4 hour spawns and no longer had guaranteed loot. In fact I would love to sit in a nice safe area of the Lair and watch the drama unfold !!
  14. Kellaer Augur

Wow you're the first person to have thought of that.
  15. Sheaffer Augur

You still wouldn't get a chance to kill them. The guilds would just set up watch sections of people sitting there waiting for them to spawn. This would increase camping not decrease it.
    Iila likes this.
  16. Cidran Augur

Impressive... Congratulations!
  17. Circadian72 Kabuki - Agnarr

Guys Guys Guys! Calm down! They were already nice enough to say you can get Raid Loot for Krono. Because your NOT going to get it from droping a raid mob before they do :)

Lol...
  18. Aeth New Member

Congrats to them.
  19. Rolien Elder

I want to see a melee like a rogue solo a yellow mob. Also BS on the whole resist thing I have been playing an Enchanter because I wanted an easy class but hard to master class and I can say my mez, root, lull, charm get resisted a ton even on even con's.
    Brogett likes this.
  20. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Excellent foresight. lol

They aren't going to start alts. What they are going to do is sit on every named mob that drops loot of value and sell you that loot in the tunnel when you get to that level and need it. You, solo, or your group will have zero chance out DPSing a level 50 of a lot of classes, not just mages, and DPS "competition" is condoned in the ruleset.

I love old world EQ. But it is simply naive, at best, to think that a server limited to old world content, with the modern conveniences, no hell levels, no corpse runs, with this particular ruleset and that has double exp potions for sale can support a population of thousands for 6 months. Six weeks is pushing it, IMO.

A lot of people seem to have this illusion that limiting the server to the old world for an extended period will maximize their nostalgic experience in the old world but quite the opposite is the reality. Unless your nostalgia included never being able to loot anything of value and having to buy everything in the tunnel, it's simply not going to happen. Today, everyone is complaining about boxers. Guaranteed, at a point not so distant in the future everyone will be complaining about farmers. Because that's exactly what people will do when they reach 50 and have nothing else to do. And why shouldn't they? Amassing cash for future uses is the smart thing to do.

An accelerated unlocking of the earlier expansions is good for everyone on the server.
    Indrigoth likes this.