Myrmidon's Sloth XIX not proccing

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Wdor, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

In Shadow Valley tonight, I was in a group without a chanter. Rarely happens fortunately, but does occasionally. So I busted out the Myrmidon's Sloth XIX for some slowing. We managed to fight three different named in a short time. The poison procced fast and steady (90 out of 150 charges on average) on every named except Tearc, the shade. Does anyone have any idea why? I assume he's immune to it or something, but I cannot find anything specific as related to poisons.

This reminds me also. Are there any good write-ups out there about the efficacy of the utility poisons, and how they compare to spells that do the same thing? I know they aren't supposed to be as good as spells, and I am fine with that, just curious. If any other rogues who have studied this more than I have that can post their thoughts/findings, I would love to read them, and it would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Covennx Augur

Not sure why it wouldn't proc for one mob, maybe just an unlucky proc streak? Even with normal dmg poisons, I've gone almost 2 minutes between procs occasionally, it's just RNG. Was this repeatable, or just one instance?

As for the utility poisons, Sloth, Messenger's, Monk's, Warlord's, Fighter's and Archer's bane are all situational, but overwritten by other class abilities, mainly warrior for the stat debuff poisons. So if you don't have a warrior it may be beneficial, but I've never tried parsing what benefit you actually get from them.
    Wdor likes this.
  3. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Thanks for the response. Of the three named we killed, he was the second. The first and third had the poison proccing like mad. We didn't get him to spawn again, but, I will have to, I guess, to see if it does repeat. Good idea.

As far as for the utility poisons go, your comments fall in line with my experiences and thoughts. I rarely have a warrior in group, so it would be interesting to try them next time my normal group that includes a chanter is together, when I am not running Myrmidon's. Thanks again, you have given me some ideas to fool around with.