my yearly post, where can a level 97 cleric solo to level?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Evertrek, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

With this last Overseer patch, they've made Common agents WAY more valuable/useful than they were...which is stupid. Having multiple copies of Commons now (since they're all non-iconic) is almost a necessity with they way tasks are structured now.
  2. Evertrek Augur

i see that the Jobs box under an agent has a number in it like (2), so i assumed it was the level of the agent. i don't really see a level so how do we know what level they are good for?

next, conversions help text reads in such a way that it suggests that a conversion is a downgrade of an agent to return them to maybe a better base agent. so i need to downgrade agents to have a chance of getting better agents?

i would buy agent packs if i had a clue how this system worked. i have played MMOs and many many online games and such and NEVER was so confused (and it's very rare i admit I'm confused).
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Each agent, regardless of their rank, can peform a certain number of jobs (soldier, artisan, etc.). For each job they can do, they have a level assigned to that job. When you look at a task and a party slot says Artisan(2), for example, it needs an agent that can do the Artisan job, with a level of 2.

To be honest, you don't even have to worry about it these days because when you click the agents button on a party member slot, it's automatically going to list the best available agent first. Just select the first agent listed and go on to the next party slot for that task. When Overseer started, you had to hunt through agents to find the best one to use, but they changed it so that it shows you the best agent to use automatically.

On the conversion tasks, yeah, I guess the wording can be a little wonky. Conversions are not a downgrade...it's how you get better agents. Three commons gets you an uncommon, three uncommons gets you a rare, and three rares gets you an elite. So if you have several duplicates of common agents, you should be converting them to uncommons, and so on. You can also "retire" uncommon agents and above to get 2 agents of a lesser rank.

Honestly, I wouldn't spend a single dime on agent packs, unless you have lots of Daybreak points you don't want to spend on anything else. You'll get all the agents you need just by running the basic recruitment tasks and by getting a crtical success on tasks.
  4. Evertrek Augur

thanks. i upgraded enough to get my first level 3s quest! some level 3 quests require a specific agent; is there anyway to assure a conversion will produce such agents? I'm guessing it's random.

so the adventure packs for agents is more hype than value? not sure what they mean putting more adventure in agents. adventure-y?
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Other than doing the recruit tasks that are for specific agents, everything is random.

The packs for sale are also comlpetely random. There is one pack (forget the name) that gives you Fippy, but he's just a gimmick and really isn't necessary.

The currency from Overseer can be used to buy a common agent off the merchant in PoK, but again...it's random.
  6. Dragnath Elder

Pop the recruitment task every time it is available and fill the rest with whatever you can do at the time. As you get duplicates of agents do the conversion quests to get the next rarity of agent and eventually you will max them all out. With respect to what type of Overseer to focus on it depends on your lifestyle, if you can realistically hit up your overseer every 6hrs go with that (unlikely), if you can do it twice a day go with 12hr, otherwise use the 24hr.

If you don't have many agents to start maybe wait until you have 3 of each common before converting to uncommons so you have enough agents to do all of the available tasks. Rare and Elites are all iconic so there is no point in having more than 1 of each, as I understand it even if the iconic is incapacitated you still cannot use the duplicate.

Way down the line from where you are you can retire duplicate Elite agents and use the reward to either
    get XP towards the Overseer Mission of your choice (ie Mercenary, Harvesting, etc.), or you can get 2 rares from it to use towards trying to roll the Elites you don't have yet.

The xp from this is amazing, I have used it to exclusively level up 3 of my toons from about 100-113 while focusing on progression and filling out AA's.

Server-wide bonus xp (labor day weekend +100%) works towards overseer as well. I completed 5 x 12hr tasks this morning on two of my guys and got 10% xp at level 112.
  7. Evertrek Augur

ive upgraded my agents and completing t3 quests now. at 97 and double xp on 24 hour quests i see 2.25% xp.

i don't see a point to the 6 hour quests. they are 1/4 the xp of a 24 hour quest but with the 10 quest cap we cant get the max xp in one day. 5x24 hour and 5x12 hour seems to be the best we can do for xp. not sure why anyone would do 10x6 hour quests unless they give a better reward...

i don't see overseer as a good leveling method, but it is nice to be able to recover lost rez xp while offline. they need to just give xp and some better rewards if they want to make this like a daily activity to get peeps to login....ESO has very nice daily login rewards and even STO has a more rewarding duty officer system to name a few.
  8. Tucoh Augur

I can't speak for Overseer but there are better ways to play EQ than to solo/molo as a cleric and better games to play if you're interested in soloing.

If you're really interested in playing a cleric, I'd recommend getting a warrior and bard box, which is probably something you don't want.
  9. Evertrek Augur

my cleric is 20 years old and i raided for many years. i even leveled a bit boxing but can't afford that option now.
  10. Szilent Augur

soloING is rough as a cle, but going solo as in not maintaining alts isn't a grim necessity as some like to intimate. Clerics that want to cleric don't sit idle at least in my guild.
  11. Heatwave Journeyman

What do you mean can't afford that option now? Create 2 free to play accounts. Make a tank on one (I'd recommend SK) and some other toon on the other (I'd recommend shaman). Plus your cleric's account.

Outfit all 3 accounts with the best melee dps mercs you can (dps mercs with haste - thus part of the shaman recommendation - are the least terrible of all the mercs at higher levels) at whatever subscription level you're at (will come back to that).

Kill stuff at whatever level you can with your free to play toons, concentrating on fast kills that give xp for your cleric and decent drops (vendor or sellables - check /barter for TS items people are buying. Ethernere Essence, Relic Fragments, etc, still selling well for me, and FAST to farm, plus get tons of diamonds, other trash vendorables while farming em, fairly easily make 1m plat per day).

It should not not take you long at all to collect enough plat to buy a krono. Use it for tank's acct first, and max out its AAs as much as can. Next do same for shaman's acct. By the time get done with a month each of gold on the SK and Shaman's acct, should be able to maintain farming plat to buy Krono for both accounts fairly easy every month, if play.

Do a few odd jobs or whatever, and eventually buy the most recent expansions for your other 2 accounts, no hurry though, can still get to max level on your cleric's account with those 2 free to play accounts faster than could solo the xp. And eventually, will have 3 accounts and be able to complete all but the most difficult of group missions, if not all of them, boxing those.

Shouldn't cost ya a dime, except when eventually purchase the expansions for your other 2 accounts.