My two bits on the new Ragefire / Lockjaw server(s)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smallpox, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpox Augur

EQ was hard and challenging back when it first came out, and that was exactly what I was hoping for when I heard about Ragefire. It was the only reason I came out of retirement.

There are conveniences that most would agree that should be in the game such as the maps, sense heading maxed, etc., but I for one find it extremely disheartening that every raid boss target was dropped in less than a week of the server opening. That is just pathetic.

I also believe that the experience gain on Ragefire is way too fast. From what I understand, it is double versus what EQ had when it originally shipped. It should be exactly the way it was originally.

Boxing is a touchy subject. I hear people calling for IP restrictions, but that would not work due to the fact that there are many cases where family members are playing together (my wife and I fit into this category).

Mages. After hearing from multiple players actually playing Mages (not boxing/botting them), their pets are currently way over-powered versus how they were when the game first shipped.

Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Iila Augur

3. Goth Augur

TLP is a joke. period. waste of time setting it all up.

You want EQ like it was back in the day but yet so many things are already know and available that where not back then.

People know where to go how to do things and have tools that are vastly more powerful than back in the day.

Boxing is what it is. Hacking/cheating is what it is. Its all on TLP, ruining it to be honest.
  4. Leex Pewpewer

Doesn't really seem like you are thinking clearly on this..First off, Mage pets have always been like that. They couldn't change them because pets are connected to live and progression and changing one would change the other, so that kind of deflates that idea.

Also, people are much more aware, have vent/ts etc, making it easier to get things done, meaning things will die quicker. Also, people or guilds have plans now, they know at what level they are hitting this, where they need to farm gear to tank that..etc.

The reason EQ doesn't seem as hard is because it's not. A lot of the difficulty with EQ was obtaining the knowledge to do something. Most of us have that knowledge which obviously makes finding things, or doing anything in EQ easier.

You won't get an original experience with EQ because it's not original anymore. It's been out for 15+ years. Enjoy the game you do have, enjoy the fact they started a new progression server. TLP people are basically taking a big chunk of dev time away from us live folks, so they can work this crap out. There are a lot better things I could think of them doing then wasting time on a TLP server, but whatever floats their boats.

Just stop complaining about how it's not what you thought it would be, the game is 15 years old and it's not going to be what it was, the magic of discovering CB or killing Emperor Crush is gone. Enjoy the re run.
  5. Gortar Augur

I find it a bit odd that changing pets on tlp would change live data. Then again, what do I know? I would never have imagined using Access as a database for a large scale game either :>
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Why can't TLP posts stay in the TLP forum?
  7. Nenake Elder

because people on this forum can't ignore them and keep bringing them back to the top ! :)
    Leex likes this.
  8. guado Augur

Hey.
    With all due respect, you're posting in the wrong sub forum. "Veteran's Lounge" is not for "Time Locked Progression". Contrary to ... well ... logic and everything ... you are very incorrect by posting here. Please post "Time Locked Progression" topics in the "Time Locked Progression" sub forum. Not the "Veteran's Lounge" sub forum.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation with this issue. It's truly appreciated.
    roguerunner, Sancus, Sheex and 4 others like this.
  9. Silv Augur

What is kindof hilarious to me is that the TLPers will find *any* reason to blame anyone but the Devs for all their server woes. Scapegoating at it's finest if I do say so myself!

What they say: Boxing is the debil
    What they mean: The server capacity is insufficient and I think it's unfair someone can have more than one toon logged in but I'm stuck in a Q /waaaaah

What they say: We need GM policing and more bans on griefers
    What they mean: You should have instanced more high level zones from the start to alleviate overcrowding at the top end which just leads to trains and KSing

What they say: Don't allow transfers to Lockjaw! It will ruin the server!
    What they mean: Allowing transfers to Lockjaw will allow TL to kill all raid targets immediately instead of in 4 days. This is unfair even though I have no chance of doing that raid content anyhow.

What they say: People on Live need to stop h8ing on TLP
    What they mean: We deserve all the attention so who cares about Live even though your subs funded our new toy

What they say: This isn't anything like classic, you need to do XYZ
    What they mean: We knew this wouldn't be anything like classic but we can't find a copy of Titanium to play on p99

What they say: It's not fair that one guild is going to monopolize all the raid mobs!
    What they mean: We really did want you to instance raid content but don't have the bllz to admit it
  10. Potsos76 Augur

Who'd have believed that 16 year old content would go down in three days with exp pots, Vent, planning time and mage armies?

Oh, everyone?
  11. Fallfyres Augur

---------------

Yep. It is just that there are those of us who would rather not have those other things...exp pots, mage armies, etc to make pretty swirlies for pay to win types. I heard frickkin Krono being pushed in GFay today. I don't want to hear that -- keep that shizz to the auction channels. My blinders and attempt to accept the little bit we got offered here by DBG are only so thick.
    Smallpox and Silv like this.
  12. RadarX Augur

Please feel absolutely free to discuss TLP related topics in the Time Locked Progression subforum. Thanks!
    Elricvonclief and Reht like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.