My Thoughts on Phinny So Far

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Trevalon Augur

lol, I am not even on dude, I don't hide behind a fake name go ingame and /who Trevalon, not there.

I play with 2 RL friends who have limited playtime and as such they cannot log on till 7:30 CST, I do not play without them on my days off because I don't want to out level them.

I'll be on at 7:30-10:30 tonight, send me a tell well chat about nuking on wizards :)
  2. Brunlin Augur

Not true...I am now a super casual..I think I have played maybe 3 hours since the server has gone live. Mainly, because I am a postal worker in a very busy Christmas season...I also do hardwood floors on the side and have been busy with side jobs lately. I am hoping my schedule clears up and I can put in maybe 10 hours a week.
    I am ok with the xp, though Im not very far into game yet...my plans and expectations on raiding is none at all...I dont care if I am max when expansions come out..I am or will be mainly 2 boxing since my time is very fickle...though pick up groups at the right time Im not against as long as they are ok with me 2 boxing.
    To be honest though...I very good at this game...and in 10 hours I can be level 20 on p99...So I can accomplish alot when I do play....I know what I want to accomplish per session and I will make sure that I get that done..I like this server...and I view my playtime...the xp rate...and unlocks as a challenge though when it comes to raiding I have to be realistic. This is Everquest and even with instance raiding...raiding as a casual is not the same as being hardcore....though with the instance raids...i can see that it helps.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Did I hurt your feelings?

You need to call me out? Are you going to show up me in game in virtual reality?

Oh my poor Forum name is worse than a virtual reality character. LOL.

I play on Live squib. I don't need a lecture.
  4. Lucy Elder

Well there you go. You don't plan on raiding so you are ok with the xp. Well hell, you wouldn't care if you ever reach 46 then if you don't plan to raid.

Why are you even on the forum playing only 3 hours so far?
  5. Trevalon Augur

Whoa, slow down there skippy...You started all this by calling me out saying if I didnt post so much I might be higher level, then when I joked with you about doing nothing as a Wizard you shot back that I was bad cause I didn't contribute to groups. Then when I said my posts were sarcastic you told me I was hiding behind sarcasm.

So I gave you the real answer to why I have been posting all afternoon and now im lecturing you? lol.

Lets do a STAR together:

S - Stop
    T - Take a Deep Breath
    A - And
    R - Relax

I'm just messing with you, calm down man, life's too short.
  6. Ladysoth Augur

[IMG]
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Nah. I don't like the teenage psychology passive-aggressive (I'll twist your arm but really just kidding) thing that he is pulling. Ambiguous posts to hedge against any response. I am just arguing against the entitlement mentality and he moves to "send me a tell in game." lol.
  8. Frenzic Augur

Raynard did you forget I actually played with you? You're not even close to my skill level, no offense. You're a follower, you follow around, follow orders, poke things from behind. There isn't a creative thought in your brain. Sure Everquest rewards time, it always has. Everquest also rewards skilled players over vegetation that hits Q.
  9. Elkay Augur

[IMG]
    Sheaffer and Frenzic like this.
  10. Lucy Elder

Pressing one key to play six toons takes skill. You seriously have to know what key to press.
    Frenzic likes this.
  11. Senen Journeyman

Lol did someone just say playing a class in EQ takes skill....I think you should move on to newer games that are a lot more demanding of the skill cap. EQ plays a lot like how Eve plays like a spread sheet vs games that play a lot more like a flight sim. I'm just not seeing the credibility in calling out someones lack of skill in a game where 95% of combat takes place sitting in a single room pressing 1 2 3 over and over again for most classes.
  12. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

"Skill in Everquest" never was about pressing keys in a certain order, or getting your "rotation" right. It always has been about knowledge and planning. You can box 6 mages and be terrible, you can also play 1 character and be terrible.

Also most people saying boxing is easy and requires no skill clearly never tried it. Setting up an army of boxers to work correctly is no as easy as "pressing one key to win".
    Elkay and Frenzic like this.
  13. Raynard Augur

Oh I remember your "leading" well. Started a progression guild on Trakanon with a full raid on night 1 and then hemorrhaged members from your incompetence for a few months before you disappeared without a word.

Or was it the time you joined TFO on test for a reboot in classic, stuck around for less than a month and disappeared without ever so much as causing a ripple?

Anyone from either of those guilds would take 1 me over thirty of you.

Edit: Oh I forgot about your Ranger you joined TFO with during Gates, that's how memorable your "skill" was.
  14. Tachyon Augur

I played with you and I never saw the 'skill' part. You reminded me of Donald Trump when you were online. Endless talk about what you knew and what you could tell us and how great you were ad naseum. The only skill I saw from you was the ability to talk out of you a$$ for hours on end!!

Everquest isn't hard! It wasn't it 1999, it isn't now! It's a time sink game that's fun to sink time into. That's it.
  15. Frenzic Augur

I have a low level for incompetence, what can I say? It's the reason I end up in the top guild on TLPs.
  16. Lejaun Augur

Some people may also be at work or on their phone and not be able to log in and play EQ or are just taking a break.

Just because you post on the forums doesn't mean you could be playing the game instead.
  17. Raynard Augur

So you "followed" a top guild, because you failed "leading"?
  18. Frenzic Augur

Donald Trump is not an insult. He is exactly what America needs, but thats irrelevant. I don't even know who you are. I'm not the greatest leader in the world, decent, but not the best. My skill comes from my ability to play, control massive amounts of characters and defeat content you only dream of. My armies defeat raid content on live, raid content on TLP, ect ect. I'm a one man raid team. So yes my knowledge of the game is very high. My ability to play almost every class is pretty important. My sexy looks and voice. I could go on for days!
  19. Frenzic Augur

I've been playing with the same people for years. I lead on Fippy. It's not exactly a fun job. I choose not to lead, I'm not denied the position.
  20. Raynard Augur

Boxing is a crutch. I've never been impressed by your ability to play one character to its potential. You excel by brute force.