My Thoughts on Phinny So Far

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Abazzagorath Augur

One thing that is kinda odd to me, is if you're able to power to max level on these servers, you could easily power to max level on regular servers and raid the newest content. I know most playing on this server don't want to, but I do know a lot of people go into these servers thinking, "This is my chance to actually be caught up" because I've talked to people like that. They don't realize these servers take more time/effort than starting from scratch on a regular server at this point.
    Silv likes this.
  2. TarewMarrForever Augur

First, "steadily" is an understatement.

Second, it will surely "stabilize", but at a point where > PoP will be fun to play is doubtful. But I'm sure it'll be fine up to an hopefully through SoV.
  3. bobjones1208 Augur

If the server has been open for 5 days ~120 hours and there are already level 50's, how does that math add up? I'm guessing some of those people slept a few hours per night as well. Seems like about 100 hours to get level 50 which is roughly 6-7 weeks of my playing schedule. That's reasonable to me.

I'm sure you can ask some of the level 50's what their /play is and I guarantee it's nowhere near 160 hours.
  4. Trevalon Augur

No, the first 50 group will hit 50 around 85 - 90hours played.

That is with a perfect exp group, zero downtime, 100% pot uptime, and zero competition for mobs in zones (The last part is the most important). Those same people have said it will be 100% impossible for anyone else on Phinny to get to 50 as fast as they did and their playtime will easily be double or even triple their playtime (They have also weighed in that they think the exp is way to slow and "most" people will never make it past the mid 30s when they see how slow it gets).

So if it took them 90 hours to do it, it is easily 160, but more likely 200+ in order for the "average" person to hit 50. So, your 6-7 week just became, more than likely, 8-10 week...which means youll have 1-2 week to farm gear and then you get to do 50-60, which actually takes longer than 1-50 lol, so another 10ish weeks, so you will hit 60 when Velious launches and then you can go back and do the raids but only once cause that gear will mostly be obsolete by velious gear so no reason to actually do anything in classic/Kunark much...maybe your ok with all that and everything, but to alot of people not being able to at least do some farming for gear in classic/kunark before Velious makes it all obsolete is a deal breaker.
    Finwen, Ishkur and Elkay like this.
  5. Elkay Augur

Those are the numbers and thinking I've been trying to get into peoples' heads. People outside these "perfect XP groups" thinking they'll be able to hit 50 at the 100 hour mark aren't looking at the whole situation.
    Finwen, Jaxarale01 and Trevalon like this.
  6. Trevalon Augur

Exactly, people who think they will be able to level at the same rate that the first few groups did are completely delusional and honestly, don't know how EQ works.

The single biggest hindrance in EQ isnt exp rate, or bad groups, it is competition from other groups. That can easily slow your exp gain by significant amounts. The fact that these first groups had no competition means that they will double your leveling time just from that single fact alone.

My time between RF and LJ was triple!!!! It took me 3 times longer to get to 30 on RF than it did on LJ with the exact same group makeup and the ONLY difference was on LJ I got "ahead of the pack" and had 0 competition for mobs.

Triple!!! That is huge.
    Finwen likes this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The amount of time these forum warriors spend here would have been better spent leveling. They would be a dozen levels higher.
  8. Trevalon Augur

Funny that alt tab still works between forums and client...
  9. Fhiele Augur

I was "ahead of the pack" on Vulak, and I remember how important it was. Now I'm kind of in the middle. As a professional puller though, I can do a lot to influence my groups xp rate.
  10. Elkay Augur

Watch out, they might start yelling at you for leveling sub-optimally with downtime between pulls.
  11. TarewMarrForever Augur

Too funny...been doing that the last 2 hours. It's my new way to box... ;-P
  12. Trevalon Augur

Heh, Im a Wizard, all I do is sit there and nuke once a mob...I have other people do my pulling for me :p
    Elkay likes this.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Correct. Could you be the guy who joins a group, leeches XP, and spends his time AFK typing 4 paragraphs per response on Forums? LOL.
  14. Ishkur Elder

Yep. People also have to think about the routine they have when logging on for only ~3 hours at a time. Even if your focus is entirely on leveling (no item-focused camping/questing, looking for items to buy, helping friends, etc.), how much of that time is spent LFG and traveling from zone to zone?
    Jaxarale01 and Trevalon like this.
  15. Trevalon Augur

Duh...Didn't you know that's how we play the forum game?
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Cast one nuke, leech XP, type 4 paragraphs while your group does the hard work. Wow. It totally fits your mentality...LAZY and ENTITLED.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It is no wonder why XP is slow for Elkay and Trevalon they cast one spell and AFK for the forums. LOL.
  18. Elkay Augur

[IMG]
    Ladysoth, Trevalon and Benito like this.
  19. Trevalon Augur

20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You are embarrassed by your own post so now you have to invoke "sarcasm."

Looks pretty genuine to me...