My SK has become my main...

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Millianna, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Millianna Augur

Everyone told me not do this, but my SK has become my main since I retired my mage. I have been boxing my wizard, enchanter, and cleric. I am going to get the new campaign err expansion for two characters and all access for two characters. My SK is one, not sure on the last one. What would everyone else choose?
  2. shiftie Augur

3. Ravengloome Augur

Enchanter or Wizard if asking for partner?
  4. Sindaiann Augur

Enchanter hands down.

Cc
    Slows
    Debuffs
    Buffs
    Sick dps and burns

SK + enc + merc healer + wiz merc = easy mode everything
    Raptorjesus5 and eqgamer like this.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

Sind you mean "adequate dps" ;)
  6. Millianna Augur

My SK needs a partner... Been running 4 chars, but only going to pay for two. ENC speeds up pulling, but the wizard is easier to box. Leaning towards the ENC. any others chime in?
  7. Ravengloome Augur

Just play chanter/wizard... but I am guessing your playing a tank because you want to, so in that case, enchanter dps is respectable and adds alot of surviability to the SK through crit modifers, slow, haste, mc/cripple, ae stun, area blurring and chanters are the best pulling class in the game if your and don't wanna just tank large groups.
  8. Millianna Augur

I actually enjoy playing the SK - it's more fun than my mage ever was. Been rotating AA on all my characters - however it's annoying to have two sets of gear and keeping up with the AAs. Just want to pick one and stick with it AA. I'll give it a little more thought, but I think it will be the SK
  9. Sindaiann Augur

Indeed. Silly me. Nothing to see here
    Ravengloome likes this.
  10. eqgamer Augur

11. Rhaage Augur

12. Damoncord Augur

13. Millianna Augur

It's looking like the chanter l wins... Probably pull the trigger tonight.
  14. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I play SK/Ench, and it has everything you need. My only beef is that in some content, the charmed pet makes the SK seem irrelevant with the hp totals and aggro they have, but that's a pretty good problem to have.
  15. Rhodz Augur

Well snap agro with SK will help keep the Enc alive when charm fails as it always seems to do at the worst possible moment. When boxing a charming Enc a second screen(box) is absolutely required IMO as situations arise that can get very reaction time sensitive. Or just take the lumps and keep going as price of doing business.
  16. Millianna Augur

I have not had a problem with ENC in my quad box. Just all mobs are in front of SK and my chars are a bit behind. SK snares all in camp, so a broken mez isn't a problem.
  17. Taeluuin Entariel Elder

Enc is probably the best box to have with an SK with mercs available. That said, I prefer running a bard box, it's almost as good as having an enc around, have to do some FD splits instead of being lazy and mezzing adds, but it's also the box requiring the least amount of direct attention: just autofollow, then sit at camp with /melody going and tab over to turn on autoattack occasionally.
    SevrinSevendust likes this.
  18. Ravengloome Augur

Bard + SK is more static survivability (like on a mob to mob basis) just due to the way Aria affects bond/lifetaps. Id say Bard v. Chanter is probably dead even with an SK factoring in ease of boxing and allowing you to focus on SK.

Once SK's get the DOT changes, that will also make the bard look even better on a mob to mob basis though due to the way Aria affects Dot's.

So basically i am in agreement bard is a good choice too.
  19. Millianna Augur

My chanter is already 100. Not sure I want PL another char. The only thing I miss from this dou is ports lol
  20. Ravengloome Augur

Nah thats not what i meant.

I was merely verifying what the poster i quoted was saying about liking bard.