My only ''real problem with EQ'' My one wish: SK's get ability: kick!

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Questoften32, May 6, 2020.

1. Questoften32 Augur

Call it eccentric pr whatever, I call it madding, kicking is even a traditional ''ceremonial'' knight combat technique along with disarming.

How about a kick that only works if disarmed or disabled, for the duration that is so? As a AA? Or only without a shield equipped and brings ''minor'' threat and half damage?...or a quarter damage kick with a 4x skill level req to normalize it to half damage?

I would also like to think lorewise though not in game my SK could kick down a door.It seems incomplete most that use melee have it to greater or lesser effect.

Also irks me that a Knight cant give a straight forward, non martial arts kick.

IDEA: Put it on a shared cd with bash like barbs, that at least makes a small amount of fun sense but no more or less dps.

Just make it a alt form of bash with feet? Besides a snake can kick.
  2. Tucoh Augur

I'll trade you kicks for 1h rune procing weapons, deal?
    Andarriel and lockjaws like this.
  3. Szilent Augur

yes plain straight forward, non martial arts kicks. Goes very well with arcane bolts of disease, the siphoning of your opponents' souls, and animating corpses to fight along side you. Totally traditional knight stuff.

:rolleyes:
    lockjaws and Azbaelus like this.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

Even the Black Knight got to kick, eventually.
    eqgamer and Questoften32 like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Get a snake. EQ snakes can kick!
  6. Lubianx Augur

I'll pass on the kick.

What knights should get is bonus 2HP damage whilst on their mount.
  7. Stephen51 Augur

I'm surprised everyone can't kick. I was really surprised when I rolled a rogue to find that class cant.
    Questoften32 likes this.
  8. Questoften32 Augur

They feel incomplete without it unless you are a wizard enchanter or ''I suppose'' mage.The rest should have it if carry melee weapons for use. Otherwise this quote sums it up:
    ''Its C$%ting mad! -Burke Denings,''The Exorcist''.
  9. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Do Sk's get shield bash for aggro ?

It would be interesting to have other stuff to be more realistic in game. But at same time, there would have to have a trade off to attempt to maintain class balancing.

Like if casters could /kick or would melee it could interrupt their spell cast since casters are not a class that are based on physical prowess. That kind of thing might cause them to fall down while waving their arms all about.
  10. Questoften32 Augur

EQ2 S knights get a weak kick but that is unfair, its like comparing Apples to earthquakes.