My guild merged...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lee81, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Lee81 Augur

To meet the changing conditions of our servers, my guild is participating within mergers to create a pool of players within various time zones. We will probably keep merging until we have a satisfactory team to tackle raid targets within all hours of the day. I'll admit that our guild is becoming formidable, but now I'm one of 2 or more combined guilds.

There is no skill, just numbers. For a game that is supposedly difficult, it's far from that. You just need the numbers to drown out a target.
  2. Syrup Augur

Remind us again, why do you play everquest?
    lockjaws, Simone and Alphont like this.
  3. toddv New Member

unfortunately this time I have to agree with lee....but to totally be on Lee's side would give me a head ache :) so I do have to make a comment...

I thought yesterday your guild was able to take everything... why merge
  4. Lee81 Augur

Again, you have to make comments that don't contribute to anything. We have too many people on our servers.
  5. captnstudy Lorekeeper

What guild is this?
    lockjaws likes this.
  6. Syrup Augur

I didn't make a comment that didn't contribute... I asked you a simple question.
  7. Lee81 Augur

I only play Everquest for the content. I play exclusively with a guild and friends. I don't really care for anyone else. I prefer to divide loot to my own guild and friends. Like I don't care about other guilds or people.
  8. Zublak Augur

I understand numbers help of course, it gives you a better chance of contesting. But one major factor you need to consider is that you can have 144 people (2 raid groups of 72) and still lose to a raid of 60-72 players. Just because you have the numbers does not mean you have the skill and/or correct raid setup to actually win. So I think you may need to take a minute and breathe before making another thread.

However, I do you wish you the best of luck. Hopefully there's friends to be made with the merger. Though I wonder why instead of merging some guilds don't just form an alliance instead, but that's their choice. I'll be cheering for you guys!!
  9. Syrup Augur

So you play an mmo that's "far from difficult" and "takes no skill" for the content?
    Nice
  10. Lee81 Augur

Lol How do you know which guild I actually belong to? Do I still actually play this game? What is my intent?
  11. Dreamcoil Journeyman

Lee still splerging all over the forums. You sound like an aussie.
  12. Pikallo Augur

Hahah this right here
  13. Lee81 Augur

I heard someone mention that the forums are chaotic. The future is uncertain. How should our servers cope?
  14. Zublak Augur

Well, you're making a post on the TLP forums and by your past post I assume you're on Lockjaw.

As for the guild you're in I have no idea honestly. I don't believe you've ever came out and said who you are in game because obviously it's not Lee81, maybe Lee Eightyone? I did hear last night about a few guilds merging, but I don't know details, just hearsay.

But I see where this is going and I refuse to get into anymore debates on these forums so I'll leave you be. And again I wish you the best of luck, I'll continue cheering for the little guys =)
  15. Lee81 Augur

I'm actually just having fun on the forums. I wish your guild luck as well. And no, I'm waiting for the newer server. I'm too selfish to play on these servers.
    Dreamcoil likes this.
  16. -wycca Augur

Numbers dont always mean a ton. We've won with 40-42 vs full raids. Even at same level caps (and without). People like to comment how NO SKILL IS INVOLVED, but jesus, there's alot of variance despite the lack of skill required :rolleyes:
  17. Lee81 Augur

I'm not saying that skill is completely irrelevant. I'm saying that it's easy to grab 72+ skilled players. And yes, it is like that. Most of us have been around the block many times. Skill is a negligible point.
  18. Mwapo Augur

Dude has admitted he's just trolling to pass the time until the new carebear server releases. Just report him and ignore him. He's just trying to make sure that other people have to be as unhappy as him even if it means constantly spewing the same garbage day in and day out. He is just as aware as anyone that skill is a relevant part of the game. He just wants drama.
    Simone likes this.
  19. bodes Augur

This thread is about TFM bending the knee to Memry right? Gotta make sacrifices if you want to stay relevant
    Simone and Deranged like this.
  20. Nerdz Elder

HAHA guy makes a post about his guild merging last night in order to compete than says asks how you know what guild he actually belongs to.
    Pretty obvious dude. It's one of 2 guilds. One guild will not have the ability to do content anymore because all their members are in the other guild and the other guild is powerful enough to take down targers.

My advice to you though: Try to log on in off hours. Go to a 4am raid and you will see how little zerg there is at that time in the morning. You will enjoy yourself when you realize there are only 20-30 people showing up and you can actually have a challenge.