My brother is thinking of playing a wizard on Mischief, thoughts on a good duo?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Archanjel, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Archanjel New Member

I am contemplating going Paladin with him or maybe bard but curious to others recomendations for a good duo with a wizard
  2. Biltene Kingslayer

Paladins don't necessarily have good synergy with wizards, neither one of them does anything for the other, however, paladins can do a fair amount of moderate tanking without needing a dedicated healer, so if you're looking to be a meat shield when fighting a summoner that would be fine. SK might be better if that's what you're looking to do, but I've no idea when SKs go from a regular EQ class to god mode, so not sure at which knight is better in the early parts of EQ.

Bards do add a bit to a wizards arsenal, but hard to do much without a tank or healer other than kiting, not that kiting is bad, it's just somewhat limited due to various factors.

Any of the other caster classes can do well. Chanter for mana regen/cc/charm pet tank. Magician for pet tank and more nuke DPS. Necro for good kite partner.

Most other classes would take a bit more creativity to be a good duo partner, but not impossible. I would say the cliche line, of play what you want to play and the rest will fall into place.