My 120 Aggressive Tank Mec does absolutely nothing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Rob0n, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Rob0n New Member

My level 120 Tank which is marked aggressive stands there without weapons and does absolutely nothing in battle. This is on the Fiona Veil server. Any Ides?
  2. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Tank Mercs at 120 don't use weapons if they are a playable race. They are that badass they prefer to fight with a handicap.

Did you have auto assist turned off?
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Sometimes if you disband a group with mercs in it, even though graphically the merc is in your local group, it's been misassigned serverside to another player in group. Logging out and back fixes this error.

Sometimes if you /copylayout merc stances break, dismissing and rerenting a new merc fixes this error.

If you are marked in group as puller, the merc will not assist properly.

Sometimes a merc is just broken somewhere and a dismiss / rehire fixes this error. I have this issue with rogue mercs most often. Just stops assisting. Tanks and wizard mercs too, but more rarely. I fire them and hire a new one.

I am out of Ides until March.
  4. Orcen Elder

if you were using call assit for your tank merc, after engaging a target, enter command /mercassist )(note the command is all one word). The traget needs to be your target and engaged (in target window not mezzed)
    Sometimes even if using auto assist, the merc gets into a /mercassist (on call) mode even thoiugh the auto assist button is down, just enter the command /mercassist once and it should go back to auto assist.
    Ideally with a tank, mele, or caster merc, you want to use the Call assist feature. Then the merc doesnt attack prematurely on a pull. Just target the mob, and hit give command /mercassist when you want it to attack. The merc wont attack anything until /mercassist command is given, even if the mob is beating on you.
    To use call assist for a merc:
    make a hot key with the command line: /mercassist (if you are a pet class can have a second line for pet to attack too: /pet attack. then both pet and merc engage on your command, instead of charging out and engaging a mob 100 feet berfor gets to camp.
    After setting up a hot key, in your merc management window, select mode you want pet in (passive isnt needed with call assist) then make sure all buttons are up, including auto assist button.
    when a mob is pulled, target mob and that hot key when you want to send merc.
    Like I said, for casters, rogues, and tank mercs, call assist is the way to go. Only Exception is if you are AFK killing I suppose.... but you dont want to be doing that now do you.
    Rob0n likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Did you have yourself set as puller?
  6. Mukkul Augur

Turn off the merc Auto-Assist button then turn it back on again.
  7. Rob0n New Member

Orcen
    Lorekeeper This worked like a champ!!! Thanks, Good call on the call assist!