Fixed Internally Music selection not staying

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by CatsPaws, Apr 21, 2022.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Years ago the music for loading and leaving the game was changed to be a random selection. This made such an overwhelming hate of the feature that the option was put it to select to have random or uncheck and have the old game music when you load/camp

Since the last patch the music is playing random even though random is not selected. Once in the game if you go to options and click then unclick the random selection the game will play the original music as its supposed to when you log out. However on next log in it still plays a random tune

While in game if you select random then log out and log back in and unselect random it again plays original on log out but does not retain the unselect so logging in and out does not fix it.

[IMG]
  2. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Happening to me too. I really dislike the random loading music. I tried deleting some files, did a file verification and some other stuff but it still resets to random
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Update - even unchecking all three boxes so you have no music does not work.

Something still overrides it and plays the random selection on log in.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It's not random for me. It's the same, lame, not-the-EQ-theme-song music, every time.

Hate it. I want my EQ theme music back!
  5. Iven Antonius Bayle

Just delete eqtheme.mp3 and you can listen to the original theme music.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That did not work.

As mentioned above. It does not stay with the selection to NOT play random. The original theme music is what is supposed to be played if random is unchecked.

It keeps playing some other stupid dragging tune. But if we toggle the box it will play the original theme when we log out but it does not stay that way and next log in will be something else

It seems to be a setting issue.
  7. Iven Antonius Bayle

CONFIRMED

Just happened to me too as I usually turn the music off before camping. The music from Icefall Glacier was playing instead the EQ theme.
  8. Kehleyr New Member

Please fix the loading music! I like the original music, and I have "random loaing music" unchecked.
  9. Silgurdar New Member

This happens to me as well and I hate it. Please fix it so I can hear the original EQ music when I log on.
  10. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Wow, I tried unchecking all the boxes under options and it still plays music on the log in - it even played the baz shopping tune one day.

It's a pain to keep turning off my speakers just for when one of my accounts are loading.

I hope this is on the next patch?
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not mentioned on the test version yet. But stuff is not always.
  12. Kehleyr New Member

Was really hoping the loading music was going to be fixed with the patch on 5/18.
  13. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Good grief!!! This is still not fixed. Trying to log in and all i can hear it some Disney Music with happy feet dancing. This is not helping my game immersion.

You can launch new servers but can't fix the log in music and music settings under options has no affect.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

What song is playing? We dwarves enjoy hearing...

15. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Log n music is still random. Cannot turn it off or on.

Any chance of a fix in the near or not so near future?
    Kehleyr likes this.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Long long time ago, I can still remember
    How that music used to make me smile
    And I knew if I had my chance
    That I could make those players dance
    And maybe they'd be happy for a while
    But February made me shiver
    With every quest I'd deliver
    Bad news on the doorstep
    I couldn't take one more step
    I can remember that I cried
    When I read about the log in ride
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the music died
    So bye-bye, Miss EQ Pie
    Kehleyr and Fenthen like this.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Looks like more and more players are noticing this and making posts.
    Kehleyr likes this.
  18. Drakah UI Designer

I am getting the random music issue as well. I probably had it all this time but I just turned music back on and noticing this. Please fix!
    CatsPaws likes this.
  19. Gliver New Member

Its been 2 months and no fix yet???! Wat's going on?!
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I WANT MY EQ THEME MUSIC BACK!!!!
    Kehleyr likes this.