Multiple SKs in a group

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by WhatUptime, Jul 20, 2022.

1. WhatUptime Journeyman

How viable is a group with multiple SKs?

With the way the game works (you NEED a player tank) and the amount of SKs, I find myself helping other people level and often there are 2 or 3 SKs in the group. Normally, I tank because I am the highest but we plan on keep on playing when they catch up.

What is the strategy? Rotate Epics all the time and whoever is running it tanks, while the others dps?

How do you manage your aggro so you don't steal it from whoever is tanking at the time (apart from FD every few seconds!)?

What would be the best DPS lineup for this? We are all group geared, so I guess that dots will not be frequently used due to mana issues.

What would be the other classes we need? I guess that a shaman/bard would be best, but that would depend on boxes or other players.

Thanks
  2. Disapointed Lorekeeper

3 = 100% uptime on epic, while 2 can just fill the void with anguish BP and veil if need be.

who ever wants to tank should be tanking, when we roll more than 1 SK, you tank what you pull.

I have found that most people don't accidentally take agro, they are just playing lazy and hammering away on a mob. if that happens i would just let them have it, and go get more. i have heard of people toggling subtlety, or not using gift/voice on self. If someone keeps taking your candy, find out what they are casting and cast similarly? seems like an easy way to keep your mob.

Coalition with 3 SKs would be easy if you are all on the same target consistently. if not it would be wasted and not worth the mana. (in low agro generating groups, this can greatly sway the hate ratio)

spear w/ a couple taps & dots would be the way to go, could add an AE if doing multiples

stack anything that makes you kill faster, the shaman would spend a bunch of time DPSing, since none of you should require much healing

have done the ToL missions with 2 SKs and a necro as the group healer + BRD, RNG, ROG it was fun and fast.
  3. Tucoh Augur

I've thought about not only making a multi-SK group but also not having a healer in the group. I think I was considering 4sk + brd + bst. My thought was to get everyone epics and rotate them with significant uptime overlap and just ensure that everyone was actively damaging the mob in AE situations. I already have this dynamic a bit where so many of my characters have heal target of target augs/weapons, so my tank gets a significant amount of healing from weapon procs.

I didn't pursue this group idea because I think it'd be way too frequent where players would be damaged without an active target to damage with weapons. Missions like The Call or Crusaders where you take damage between mobs would be impossible.

Anyway, that doesn't matter if you're in a group with 3sks and a healer. My recommendation would be to definitely include a bard and shaman, who bring soooo much to an SK that it's a no brainer. The last slot could be suitably filled by anything with bst/mag/ber being really good. I recently brought a pal into my group (that also has a shaman) and really like them for the extra healing but it's probably unnecessary with Lich Sting.

GINA triggers will make keeping uptime on Lich Sting easier. For tanking it'd make sense to rotate tanks to make the most use of tank cooldowns. This stops making sense if one of the tanks is much better geared/AA'd than the others. Even with equivalent tanks it might be easiest to just have one SK always tank.
  4. Ozon Augur

As stated above, SKs can actually stack really well. If you have a healer, coordinate epics, and all 3 SKs can pull as long as they can handle it. I find it keeps grouping more exciting, but also just more fun for everyone, no one wants a bored healer. The other 2 spots, if at all possible, Bard and BST. You will appreciate the extra DPS, and if someone gets too crazy, pet tank is handy.

As for aggro my general rule is, in a group you take it, you tank it. Other than that, aggro touch, terror, terror, XXX of Power, DoT. Should be fine. But also Coalition will help quite a bit.
  5. keel Journeyman

very viable.

fight along side the best sk’s on my server (prob, in the entire game safe to say) weekly in raids ..anywho a well geared sk when played competently is stupid OP. Who clicks their 2.0 at what time won’t matter as far as aggro generation goes..just as long as it’s always going and it should be with 3. Designate the strongest of the 3 as the tank and the other 2 should focus on dps. As others have also mentioned, shaman, bard probably your best bets to compliment the sk’s hands down. Hit your HT’s, 2.0, taps and blow stuff up. I think once timing is down for everyone (that will be important) that would be an absolute beast of a group.
  6. Riou EQResource

Too bad they nerfed/fixed the eye of zomms :p
    Tucoh likes this.
  7. WhatUptime Journeyman

Thanks for the replies!

It looks like it's not going to be an issue going forward, which is nice :)

Now, time to learn how to deeps without stealing aggro for when they tank and I can take a break.
  8. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Disable bold attacks, drop your aggro mod, remove your aggro mask, invite a Paladin friend for Marr's Salvation and group Armor of the Inquisitor.

Stacking SKs with each other is awesome - the only thing better than giving an SK another SK friend is giving them some ADPS support.
  9. Laronk Augur

Really 4sk 1 bard 1 shaman isn't a bad group. =)