Multiple Goblin Hunter (7+) Spawns In FF Instance

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Brickhaus, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Brickhaus Augur

Doing my 100+ run of FF. Lately I've been waiting for the NPCs to run from the second area (the boars/trainer/ww one) to the third area (just before the bridge) as I had had a bad run of instances where one or more goblin hunter was stuck in the hill and I basically had to wait until Shad died for the script to move on (someone mentioned this as a strat on the forums).

Anyway...waited and then ran. There were two goblin hunters waiting for me in their spot south of the bridge. Came up and engaged. Could see spam from the NPCs fighting so I assumed that's where the third one was.

Doing this as many times as I have, wasn't really paying super close attention. As soon as one was about to die, I looked and saw that three(!) more had joined the fight and were currently eviscerating my cleric. Long story short, cleric died. Was confused enough that the tank died so I wizard evaced. Well, the druid was DAed so the evac didn't take on her ... so ran away to get distance and I ran through where the NPCs were fighting ... and there were 2 goblins there.

So ... 2 initial ... 3 adds ... and 2 with the NPCs. At least 7. And they were all hunters, not zone trash.

Not sure how it happed. Got a new instance and it worked fine (3 waiting for me at the ambush spot with the NPCs just chillin'). But certainly was a surprise, but I suspect not intended...
    Iuwene likes this.
  2. Iuwene Augur

I had this happening once to myself the hunters just kep spawning, so that I eventually evacced.