multiboxing question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Sebula, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Brulia Elder

Is it more effective to use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] for my 2nd account or to just keep using my laptop? I could see the advantages if I was doing more then 2 accounts but below that I am not sure.

Thanks!
  2. moogs Augur

WinEQ/2 and [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] provide few advantages when boxing only 2 or 3 accounts. Just running multiple instances of the EQ client and tabbing or clicking between them works great.
  3. Treiln Augur

Not trying to hijack this thread but it kinda relates to my question. I just started multi boxing and its okay so far. Fee hairy moments haha but I've been doing Shaman/SK and now I'm leveling a cleric and wonder what would be a good box char? People have mentioned a mage and I can see the point behind that but I'm looking more for a melee class. :)
  4. sojero One hit wonder

With mercs don't use a cleric, shammy adds the buffs/utility/dps and backup healing for a cleric merc, add a dps class if you want to add a 3rd box
  5. Treiln Augur

Oh no I mean its a completely different set up. I'm only two boxing it. SK/Shaman is its own set and then Cleric/meleeclasshere will be a different set
  6. Mithrandyr Augur

I disagree. I have run ISB with two and three accounts and find that it makes for smoother play. I have much, much less lag (very noticeable in GL) while letting ISB optimize the clients. I find the other options, like the ability to send line commands to the other clients, extremely helpful. I set up an autofollow command and I love it. Without boxing software, my boxes constantly got hung up on corners and terrain differentials.
    Lighteningrod likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

If you are good at boxing with the laptop (IE you can hit appropriate hotkeys on both keyboards at the same time) then [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] would be only a small improvement, and probably not worth the expense. They have a free two week trial though iirc, so you could check it out and see.
  8. Mithrandyr Augur

It's actually only one week.
  9. hal2000 New Member

Soooo.....SOE doesn't have a problem with wineq or [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]?
  10. Trellium Elder

They are fine. It's when you combine them with an automation program that you have issues -- but then, automation programs are an issue when you don't use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]/WinEQ as well.

You have to still be at the computer and playing to use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]/WinEQ. Automation programs let you go to bed while they keep gathering exp and loot. You don't get that sort of thing from [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]/WinEQ.

Found Piestro's post for Vanguard

11. hal2000 New Member

12. Ziad New Member

I am planning to try multiboxing, but as I am a pretty much dumb user (I am learning fast if I know what to do), I have some questions. They might be silly, but I really don't want to mess up, so please be gentle ;)

I am using laptop like this:
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2,40GHz
    RAM 4 GB
    64-bit
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Windows 7 Professional

I don’t want to use any multiboxing software. My plan is to try if my comp is able to run two accounts, and if yes, then get second monitor for my pocket mage.

Now my questions:

Do I understand correctly that I just have to copy my EQ folder to new folder?
    It’s in C:-Users-Public folder. Should I create new folder in Public too?
    How to create second EQ icon to desktop?
    How to set up monitor for second account?

Thank you in advance for help and tips!
  13. Brohg Augur

You don't have to copy EQ or make a second icon or anything. Just run EverQuest normally, again, once you've gotten past server select on the first login.
  14. Rattenmann Journeyman

I second the vote for [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software].
    There is no other software that is better suited to boxers for ANY game. It supports about every big game and then some.

Yes, it does cost a sub. It is 15 bucks for 3 months. Not exactly breaking the bank and WELL worth it. You will enjoy boxing so much more.
    You can also take a 7 day full and free trial to see if you like it. And there is no reason to not take the 7 free days, even if you are sure to sub after that.

As far as allowed or not is concerned:
    [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is allowed / tollerated for every game that is supported. The Devs make sure to talk to the companys and sent the companys [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] to check. It does NOT have any TIMER / PAUSE functionality and can NOT automate anything at all. That's the reason it is allowed. You have to hit every button yourself. It simply helps to broadcast and set up.

You can also doublecheck the [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] forums. There are plenty of chatlogs with GMs (including games like WoW!). Worst case has been false banns that have been lifted shortly after after letting them know [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] has been used.

So long story short:
    Go [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], you will love it, it will make boxing a blast and your accounts are save.
  15. Ziad New Member

Thank you, Brohg!
    Things tend always to be a little bit easier than expected :)
    It's working - no lag or freezing at all.

Rattenmann - I think I gonna try [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] too. The thing is I am pretty much weekend player and I love to group with other players, so multiboxing is a "just in case and because on curiousity"-case. So not much point to pay sub. But who knows...:cool: