Multi-Questing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eanelder, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Eanelder Augur

Is there any official stance on Multi-Questing? Is it still a thing?

I tried to Multi-Quest a PoP era quest recently, which I have successfully done months ago, but received different messaging this time. (i.e. it didn't work)

I'm wondering if there was a blanket change made that affects all quests and prevents multiple characters from completing a single quest? or perhaps changes were just made to this specific quest?

I know this was popular for epic pieces, so figured they may have implemented something because of TLP servers.
  2. fransisco Augur

It works, but the specifics of what you were doing might have mattered. POP quest, was there flagging requirements? Level reqs? A fail on one thing doesn't mean ALL multi-questing is broken.
  3. Eanelder Augur

True, but given this change implemented generic language, something to the effect of "I cant accept this, please return to me when you have all the items", just felt like it might have been a blanket change. I had done this particular turn in for alt a few months back and that had same flagging (none) and the same level (105).

This is why I was just hoping to confirm that multi-questing wasn't seen as "bad". As I would rather avoid testing it again if its already been stated as such and attempting to do so would be an "offense" of some sort.
  4. fransisco Augur

Perhaps you can telll us what quest you were doing, what actions you were taking, ect. Someone might see an issue that you didn't realize
  5. Prathun Developer

Old style quests have a flag that allows or disallows multi-questing.
    Approximately 10% of quests are flagged to disallow.
    The message you'll see when trying to turn in some, but not all, quest items on a quest that disallows multi-questing is "You must turn in all quest items at once in order to complete this quest."