Fixed Internally Multi-binds activating simultaneously

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sprained wrist hurts, Aug 20, 2020.

1. menown Augur

Most DoTs do not have cool-down timers. I'd guess that DPSing Necros, Druids, and Shamans are a bit more complicated than just a few spam keys.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

For the same reason that spells have cast times, and recast times, and lockout times.

Imagine if we could cast 8-13 spells simultaneously? And some spells while moving too! Why not? Because the game was designed to cast one spell at time, while stationary, and that timing is a core part of game balance. Oh but let's just change it in a patch so that casters can spam spells like melees have to do nowadays. Get them back on equal footing. No big deal right?

Imagine what this change is doing to server load (since the client is not a gating factor now)?

I agree and have posted similar sentiments in the past. The game has become far too frenetic. EQ has become a classic arcade fighting game (just spam one button as fast as you can for the win!). Setting up that one button is the trick.
    Llayenie likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is what casters have always been doing.

I've recently switched to playing a rogue outside of raids, and I spend most of my time looking for things to press, guess that is the caster in me.

Casters don't even get auto attack for their spells if they want to do any meaningful DPS they have to press things.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Then why don't you put in a /melody type function for melee (hell, do it for every class) where we can assign five or six AA/abilities/discs to that function and have it automatically start cycling when he start attacking and shut off when we stop. Do the same for casters...let us assign a few spells to it, and have it start cycling through them with one key press instead of having to constantly mash our spam key.

If you, a dev, are about it, then perhaps it's bad and you should consider doing something about it. Just my personal opinion here.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Krool Lorekeeper

From a warrior perspective, I liked the way linking/multi-bind worked previously because I could spam while I’m tanking and press periodically when I’m not tanking. I’d like to keep concordant, oppressing shout, and kragek’s roar linked to the spam key but if it stays the new way then I’ll have to take those 3 abilities off as I don’t want to override oppressing/kragek’s of the main warrior tank and keep concordant on the linked bar but have it take multiple key presses in order for it to fire so that I don’t mess with the MT aggro.
  6. RPoo Augur

ya'll melee got that auto skill thing recently.