Multi bind: In game reuse timers vs macro reuse timers question

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Daedly, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Daedly Augur

So, yesterday, I spent quite a few hours sorting through my berzerker abilities so that I could make macro's for them. I grouped them in the best way I could think to try and keep 100% up time on damage abilities with stacking conflicts. I ended up with 6 macro's with timers set to the longest lockout of anything in each macro. I tested every macro I made separately and made sure they worked.

Now, I currently use a multibind set up on my HB 1 (hotbar 1). I spam the key and it activates the slot starting with button 1 in sequential order. The multibind is set as an alternate key stroke in the key mapping options and as 0 on my numberpad. 99% of the time it works perfectly. Occasionally intimidate will fire out of order for some reason, either early of late. Not a big deal though.

So, I tried to do the same thing with my 5 new macros and ran into some issues. I used HB 7, I multibinded the 1 to 6 buttons to the enter key on my numberpad using the primary key mapping.

What happened is as I would push the multibind, it started firing the keys in descending order for some reason. Not a big deal again, but odd. The real problem is that once one of my macro's were on lockout, it would not activate the next available. I thought there may have been an issue with spell stacking, so I clicked off any buff that had a timer after every time I activated a macro. Still had no luck.

As of now, I have each macro bound to its own keystroke until I am get this figured out. Do the manually typed lockout timers not work the same way as the others? Did I say it up wrong to do what I am trying to do? Anyone else dealt with this and found a way to make it work?
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

In my experience with multibinds it works much better if you use the alternate key mapping rather than the primary. Did you try that?
  3. Daedly Augur

Not yet, I will give it a go. Thank you.
  4. Cstoner187 Elder

how does it work better in your opinion? I ask because I use all mine as primary. But, I am willing to give secondary a try.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If yours is working fine using primary binds I wouldn't mess with it. I've made a few bind combos in the past that for some reason seemed to get "stuck" and not fire the entire set when I used primary key binds. But then using the exact same setup on an alternate bind worked fine.
    Cstoner187 likes this.