Much more fizzles/interrupts since last patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tyrantula, Jul 6, 2019.

1. tyrantula Elder

I don't know if anyone else posted, but I have noticed a *significant* increase in the amount of fizzles and interrupts since the last patch.

It's to the point where I can't be confident in solo healing myself much anymore.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

Seems that way to me too. Could just be bad luck though.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

800 spells, 1 fizzle. I don't feel it's that bad.
    Skewert likes this.
  4. Cadira Augur

I dont know what class you are, but...

Don't hybrids have a much higher chance to fizzle? Not sure if that's concrete or not but I always notice my hybrids just fizzle all the time compared to my cleric/wizard etc.

With that said, if you are NOT a hybrid, (or hell, not a Paladin if we want to be really accurate -- I assume Tyrantual and Wulfhere are) your 800 spells / 1 fizzle is probably an apples to oranges comparison. Although it's good to know if there IS a bug then whatever class you are playing might not be affected I suppose.

With that said I have hardly played any of my hybrids lately so I can't say whether or not I've noticed anything.
  5. lancelove Augur

MUDBLOODS! BAH! ;)
  6. AcemoneyFV Augur

I agree as a Paladin. Even the slightest movement from melee has been interrupting my spells lately.
  7. tyrantula Elder

775 casts, 14 fizzles, 32 interrupts

Was not tanking. This was on my alt paladin's log as my main paladin's log was deleted due to GINA issues.

Also, yes, alt paladin.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Was a cleric for reference. I have no clue on hybrids.
  9. Skewert Lorekeeper

About 1.8% fizzle rate. What's normal?
  10. smash Augur

But basically happens every time there is level increase in coming expansion.

Like when there were skills that got upped and you had to get your skills maxxed to get back power you had prior.

However there can also be some benefits to things prior to expansion, some i will not reveal.
  11. tyrantula Elder

It's actually going to be a higher percentage as some spells are within the Spell Casting Mastery level range as well as AA spells are counted. The fizzle rate is so much higher than it was a week ago. Others I've mentioned to in game have also expressed the same findings.

However, "smash" says this happens before a level increase which seems plausible. But I don't know the first thing about the coding.
  12. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I know my jboots feel slower....
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I like to make in game audio triggers that make me giggle. My fizzle trigger is Danny the Tourette's yelling one of his favorite four letter words in not able to be filtered anger. I rapid fire fizzled Heart Cleave 3 times in succession and proceeded to giggle snort.

I'm not sure if it's worse, but I can tell I had some lag last night on raids. Maybe the lag is contributing - that's a certainty on interrupts, I'm sure.
    Allayna likes this.