Much better!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elricvonclief, May 29, 2014.

1. Elricvonclief Augur

I just wanted to thank the developers and coders for what they did with the hotfix today.

On Tuesday night, we had to call off regular raids due to the lag and server resets.

On Wednesday night, the lag was better, but still noticeable on tells, zoning times, and chat channels. (grouping was okay, knocked out some old missions I'd ignored)

Tonight (thursday) It seemed normal. We did open raids for Velishan and Oak and they went fine (summer slump starting, so called open raids early)

Thank you for all you folks have done, as I've no doubt there was overtime involved. (and Roshen, I apologize if I came across the wrong way in my posts.)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fendy like this.
  2. Shimmerleaf Augur

Still terrible for me - 50% chance for game to lock up every time I zone or try to swap characters. I gave up. This is on Bertox. no excessive ping rate or packet loss, just locks up and not responding.
  3. Elricvonclief Augur

Sorry to hear Shimmer, game worked fine on BB tonight, for the first time in a few days.

Typing /n showed numbers during the whole isue, and hitting ctrl/alt/del to bring up task manager showed nothing out of the ordinary the whole time this week.
  4. Tobynn Augur

Bristle crashed late afternoon. One of the red-name SOE Ops people popped into the Chat server and said there had been a component failure and it would take about 30 minutes to replace hardware and get the server back up.

So, it seems the recent detective work didn't much find or fix the problem. Whatever component that had been on its last legs causing so much grief in the past few days finally failed entirely. It seems that replacing broken parts with new parts = problem solved.

Bristle has been clear as a bell since the 'repair'.

Tower raid is still godawful lag. <3
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  5. Shimmerleaf Augur

Bertox server is not responding - disconnect. It gets as far as char select only. Firiona Vie worked fine.