Mr Smedley or Development team

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Spinstun, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Spinstun Journeyman

How have we gotten over looked basiclly at SOE Live? This is one of the biggest days for EQ all year if not the biggest. Why are we not represented like the legend we are? Talk on Eq has been almost nothing compared to your other games.
    Today we basically got dumped and we do not have a panel discussion. They had a discussion about EQ2 and its up but still nothing from eq. Why are we being treated to sub par expectations that the other games are receiving? You have a wonderful game with almost 19expansion out and it feels like this weekend we have faded away. I know this cant be how yall expect EQ to be represented on its biggest day. Whats the deal?
  2. Drathos_BotS Elder

Actually we had rain of fear panel and at least 3 other panels for eq just today and they were all wonderful.
  3. Riou EQResource

None of that was live casted, atleast two EQ1 related things were said to be live casted in their overview, but never ended up being. Hopefully no one planned their day around watching them in hopes of more EQ1 info.
  4. Nolrog Augur

On Saturday, according to the <a href="http://www.soe.com/soelive/lineup.vm">schedule</a> there was:

9:30 - 12:30: Death, Death, Death tournament
    10:00 - 11:00: EQ: Rain of Fear Panel
    11:00 - 12:00: EQ: Drawing Death, Design a Mission
    2:00 - 3:00: EQ/EQII: The business of the Everquest Franchise
    3:00 - 4:00: Player Panel: Everquest A Players Perspective
    5:00 - 6:00: EQ More Questionable Content
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

A five-minute video from the EQ Dev panel was posted on Twitch.tv. The title of the video mentions it was delayed, but I don't know if that means there is more video content yet to be posted, or if the five-minutes is all we get.

Either way, I am pretty disappointed in SOE's webcasting. They covered the grimace-worthy 'Command Center Live', but not the EQ panels?

Seriously, Tramell Isaac and Matt Higby need to tone down their antics. It's simply annoying to watch them attempt to act like juveniles.

So what gives here, SOE? Are you short on camera operators? If that is the case, fly me to FF next year and I will run one of them exclusively for EQ!

On a side note, whoever remembered to patch the camera audio into the PA audio system deserves a round of applause. THANKS!
    Geroblue likes this.
  6. Spinstun Journeyman

Yes sir this is what is reported on the site but what was actually dilivered to us, those following on the internet did get the videos. Why was the Eq Rain of Fear panel chosen to be typed and dilievered later instead of giving us the live feed like the rest and within an hour of it being done IT was posted to watch re watch.

Do you think EQ was treated fairly and Equally at SoElive. Do you feel like the presentations that EQ delievers is compareble to EQ2 or ps2?

Do we have an eta on the panel video?
  7. Spinstun Journeyman

I am interested in the Rain of fear panel to learn about whats new for Rain of fear. We know we will get the redundant core line spell updates as expected since we are gaining levels but can anyone share with us what the NEW stuff is? What are some new aa that are not wash and repeat? Was anything stated about the new agro meter and how it will work? Anyone share anything at all that was talked about at eq ROF panel?
  8. Tobynn Augur

None. Been mentioned elsewhere that we will be getting zero new spells and zero new AA -- only upgrades of existing stuff.
  9. Spinstun Journeyman

None? seriously none? nothing new? Just a 2 week grind to level 100 and a few new zones that do look good but Nothing new? Why nothing new? We have always got something new. I thought we was goign to have a discussion on aa as a group or something. Wasnt that posted? What does this mean? Has eq stagnated? IT says like 550 new aas to be had? How do you get 550 aa or they just put stupid price on them to try to make it take longer to get? Whats the planes and selling point of Rain of Fear? ARe they just going to make each level take a week of constant game play to level and hope that holds out till next year?

I hope this is not true. I will not be pre ordering if this is true. I will wait and see if this is true or not. I cant see spending 40dollars on something that will be accomplished in 2 weeks. Level increase should mean new spell and new ideas. You go in power you become smarter. I just can not see them publishing a game for everquest without giveing us anything new. If nothing changes other than level 100 and a few more zones i am not sure I will get the expansion till its on sale.
    I really dont think mr smedley would let this happen. We might not get much attention at SOE live but this is something serious that I am not sure the fan base as a whole will like. Who wants to buy a sucker when you only get the stick and no candy?
  10. wingz-83 Augur

And all this for only 40 bucks! Experience being level 100 and.....
  11. Imotepp New Member

I wouldn't want to display or talk much about something that doesn't have much lifespan in it either.

The people playing EQ1 are the only ones that care about EQ1 and lets face it, there aren't many of us left and we'll see even less of us by this time next year. Any gamer outside of the EQ1 sphere looks at EQ1 and points and laughs and they ask why we play this dumb old outdated game.
  12. Elricvonclief Augur

Friends attending FF mentioned what they saw.

It sounds interesting.

Don't believe the doom and gloom.
  13. Ronak Augur

Drunk friends, to be fair...
  14. Nedrom Augur

Personally, I'm stoked and can't wait to play the new expansion. I came back just for RoF. One of my goals is getting 100 :) /iksar!
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As long as it takes days to get a level I'll be happy I miss the old days of weeks to get a single level....who remembers the hell of level 54 and 59? The good 'ol days :)
  16. Ronak Augur

It taking weeks for one level would be a very bad direction to go at this stage of the game. Given recent expansions, I expect it to take 24 hours or less to ding level 100.
  17. Sebbina Augur

You do get something new, we halflings are going to be taking our revenge on you tall folk for the years and years of abuse. Hurray for dixie- er uh, i mean Sam Napth.
  18. Piestro Augur

EQ got it's share of the limelight at SOE Live. :) If a panel was not livecast it was probably do to technical issues, doing this stuff on site is incredibly vulnerable to all sorts of problems. I'm actually trying to get together a webcast this week if I can.
    Soulspite likes this.
  19. Mary Poppins Augur

We just give you guys flack because of the years and years of abuse that you asslings have inflicted on our eyeballs and nostrils with your hairy foots.