MP3

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Harris, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Harris Augur

I can not open the MP3 Player with the /mp3 command or Alt K(default). Tried with custom and default UI. Any reason you can think of why I can not? Has been going on for months now
  2. Harris Augur

sent in a petition and they told me.....
    Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. You may want to make backups and then delete the following files:

defaults.ini
    eqclient.ini
    eqgame.exe
    EQGfx_Dx8.dll
    EQGraphicsDX9.dll
    eqlsClient.ini
    eqmain.dll

Also, back up the character configuration files by following these instructions:

<CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example jack_bristlebane.ini)
    UI_<CharacterName>_<ServerName>.ini (example ui_jack_bristlebane.ini)

One or more of those files may be corrupt, causing these issues.

Seemed pretty generic to me so i just started deleting and if didn't fix put it back. I ended up having a bad eqclient.ini file, so I deleted it and had the launcher DL me a new one and reset my settings. seems as though they don't look here much at all, took them 3 hours to get back to me there and help me fix it. I don't know if is just me but I look thru all the files here first to see if i can solve the problem on my own, i guess they just like more work and choose to do it one on one for each person.
  3. Harris Augur

Ok whats the deal???????
    After Patch I can not open the MP3 player again. i do not like how the default settings are so i choose to do my own. i do not want to have to fix this everytime you do a patch. Answer this and do your job here.
  4. IGiveYouCash Lorekeeper

Good luck with that man. It's all about my username. keep it up
  5. Fendy Augur

Turn game sound off and run iheartradio in the background.
  6. Harris Augur

I hate the game music and sound so i play with sound off, I made a timer on my UI I use it is not a music player anymore really just a MP3 that plays for an hour with no sound. I hated the Mp3 player quality when i used it, I just use itunes I have over 17k songs there so...
  7. Harris Augur

I guess my point is, shouldn't it work after a patch even using default UI?
  8. Fendy Augur

In theory everything should work properly after a patch. And then there's reality . . . . . . . . .
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Sarkaukar Augur

It could be anything. Is EQ installed in the default location (what is location), which can cause issues at time, or is it located elsewhere, ie c:\games\everquest? If default location I would suggest moving it.

Also, is Launchpad set with admin privileges?

Before the next patch save your eqclient file, attach a date to it. After the next patch if it happens again do not delete the eqclient but simply rename it, putting patchdate. Either use this thread or create a new one and copy/paste both files.