Move up Lesson of the Devoted

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wizlard, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Reht The Dude abides...

Honestly, how many people who quit within their first year actually come back within the same year? I suspect that particular demographic is really small. I would also suspect that most newly returning players' accounts are more than a year old. I really only see this helping returning players making box accounts. While i have no real issue with the request, i see it going nowhere with the argument as presented.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Talonthalis Elder

I'd love to see new Vet AA's. Are they still making them or is that something we will never see anymore?
  3. Warpeace Augur

No, they are not making them any longer. Daybreak stopped a few years back.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Except they are not being punished they are being treated the same as everyone else who starts a new account.
    Talonthalis likes this.
  5. svann Augur

Lesson was added years ago as a thank you to vets. So again - thank you vets. Now its ubiquitous to the game. It should come with a sub.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They should move all vet rewards down one level allowing new players to get lotd and somewhere add a reward to summon a parcel merchant.

Andarriel
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

It does... after a few years.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

After just one year, it's the 1 year vet reward.
  9. AnzoRagespirit Augur

I'd rather them give rewards for time BOUGHT. If you buy 3-5 years worth of sub time...why have to wait 5 years for the rewards your already guaranteed since you're paid for that whole time...
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Compromise: new characters get rewarded with a few non-tradable XP potions for completing the tutorial.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

Monetization of Vet AA is a possibility. 5-10 usd pr year veterancy. Not sure it is worrh the effort for DB, but could brikg newer players on par.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

I say just get rid of it. Then you never have to decide if it's worth clicking it at this point or not. You can just relax, and keep killing things.
  13. AnzoRagespirit Augur

I'd be for this as well, can't even remember the last time I clicked lesson...just replace it with a lesser version of Staunch, maybe an 8 hour reuse but only gives 50% hp/Mana/end.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Those of us who level/AA very slowly would sorely miss Lesson.

Don't fall prey to the trap that cause you don't need it, nobody does.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Daybreak could start a new set of Veteran Rewards with the time of introduction being year one. So anyone starting now would start getting them. Some could be duplicates like lessons giving actual long term veterans an extra bonus.

Or not just a thought.
  16. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

They are sometimes handy (popping a banker for example). I wouldn’t be opposed adding them to be puchased as DB currency, it gives the ability to spend money for those who wish (and keep our game alive), and those who have them already through the old system get it “rightfully” by being a loyal customer. Would be a win-win imo.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

It used to work that way. I remember subscribing for 2 years back in the day and it unlocked 2 veteran rewards.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

I used the resupply guy, tribute master, and banker all the time. Also, as a tank without defensive (SK) I pop the Armor of Experience AA on tough mobs.