Move up Lesson of the Devoted

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wizlard, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Wizlard Augur

To be available to all accounts the first year! Folks come back to the game and are alone for days, weeks, or months. Get em up to speed by giving them lesson immediately, or don't. It's not like I need it :p
    Fanra likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

That might put a damper on XP potion sales for that first year, though...
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Having been maxed months ago i can say i don't need ANY more XP, be that a better lesson or XP potions.
    And since they're doing their very best to curb any possibility we have to store AAs, what good would it do if we got a better lesson?

I'd rather have stuff that i am able to actually use... like vendors, parcels and such.
    But since they've stopped the "veteran program" seemingly (no new addition since i am back in game) chances are fast approaching zero.
  4. Goodn Augur

Err...I think you misread the original request...wants Lessons at account time zero, instead of account time one year. No mention of a new lessons...

As to the original request, I haven't seen any desire by DBG to make things easier. It would be nice if they could switch back to the old time accrual method for accounts. Pay for a year, immediately get time credit on the account. So if someone new decided to subscribe a year, they would get lessons "immediately".

But I think the reason they shut that down was because of the people doing charge backs and other funky things with credit cards. So it's probably just a pipe dream.
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Ah ok. i did indeed read "move up lesson" as "make it more powerful", not "make it available sooner".
    Well, even more unlikely to happen then, as they sure won't change the order of existing vet rewards.
    Thraine likes this.
  6. Thraine Augur

lesson of the devoted II <-- im on board for that!

Moving around vet rewards, meh not so much
  7. Blackburrow23 Elder

They should do a faction lesson, a trade skill lesson.... Any who, I think second post is right. New players will need to get xp potions. I mean have you seen how bad new F2P accounts are locked down. And they can't even go silver anymore to at least use general channel. Daybreak does not care about new players that are not all access. And then you get a free 500 station cash that can usually net you the 3 25% exp potions for 4 hours each.
  8. snailish Augur

Shrugs...

To me Veteran rewards would make more sense as a special AA tab with the "earning" being done by time actually played on the character. Whether this should be gold-restricted is another debate.

As-is/was the intention was to keep you subbed to open all the rewards, but then this appears to have run it's course with no new rewards in years, and the order you get them making it hard to decide if you want to use it sometimes (for me at least).

Might be easiest just to make them a per-character unlock from the store... combine that with being on the AA window they could even be better tuned to be available at various progression eras.
  9. feeltheburn Augur

dont need xp? not buying the expansion then? :p
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Wizlard Augur

You need to read the OP before you post.. Not every thread is about you.

[IMG]
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

That defeats the purpose of the Veteran rewards. Making Lesson available on day 1 (or anything less than a year for that matter) makes it not really be a veteran reward and into an instant gratification thing. I would be more on board with the low level Teek's missions having the option to give a 25-50% xp potion with the reward increasing as the character's level increases, but only 1 per day.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

:)
    Haven't bought it yet, probability is high though that i "have to", at least eventually - though i am not at all thrilled nor looking forward to raiding with still going-on chat-lag and such.

What i meant of course was that i do not need any more XP over what i get from "normal" grouping/playing the game.
    Lesson is a thing i use mostly on my ALTs that are on the same account as my main. Especially these days when i hit the AA cap per kill that's talked about in another thread quite easily.
    XP potions i only ever used like one, the free one from some (one-time) anniversary task or what it was.
    Though i've got to admit that having had lesson during my "catch-up time" was handy; these days though, it has lost basically all value to me - except perhaps for a few days/weeks while i have to level up and get some initial AAs for the new expansion.
  13. Wizlard Augur

Fair enough, the name is arbitrary though. Just looking to help new players even though the thread has been derailed into me, me, me, and me.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The name is not in anyway arbitrary. These rewards were explicitly and intentionally added as a thank you to Veteran Players. Those who had and have remained playing the game for all of these years.

There are a multitude of things which are there to help and give new players a hand up. If you want more ways to help new players level faster, than ask for new things that do that. Don't ask that perks added for players who have played longer be given to newer players. Something like a once every 20-22 hours task that rewards a lore, no trade,
    1/2 hour,
    25%-50% XP Potion. The quest would be level specific and could be restricted to those who's entitled time is less than 1 year, if the Dev's really care to make it specific to new accounts.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That was how I understood your original post. And, having just got to EoK in the last couple days, I'm amazed at the XP from mobs. I can see how a player who hangs out just in the new content, and has a regular group can really zip through level and AA XP.

And, regarding Lesson and that associated topic, I much prefer how WoW does it. It's similar to how EQ vitality works. The full bar recharges over 7 days, and whenever you get XP, a similar amount from the bar doubles it. Once it's out, no more bonus, until it recharges some. It has the benefit of not being a timed buff, so you don't have to go nuts because "Lessons running", and it doesn't penalize those who don't log in every day (similar to the point of vitality and fellowships in EQ).
  16. Wizlard Augur

It is entirely arbitrary. I am not going to waste my time explaining that to you.
  17. Warpeace Augur

How about No.

Already have daily tasks that give bonus xp. FYI people are actually crying about them because they have to travel to get there.
    smash likes this.
  18. Wizlard Augur

Fair enough, the whining bothers me too.
  19. Warpeace Augur

They could move them to an AA path locked behind something....maybe. That way players could choose what benefits they would like to have access to. Vet rewards are actually punishing to any one new or returning on a new account.

Not a real fan of them considering how much 7th year vet affects classes.
  20. Wizlard Augur

Yeah, I could not agree more about 7th.

The lesson idea was just a thought. I think of ideas to help newly returning players, and I say them out loud. I really should stop doing that. I'm sure some others in thread would agree.