Move power infused drops to AG/FC static zones

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Feb 28, 2023.

1. tuda Lorekeeper

your literally the only person arguing for this, and nobody has liked your post. Just accept the fact that its completely fine the way it is.
    Appren likes this.
  2. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Having the bottleneck for raid gear be from raid trash and not raid bosses is pretty bass-ackward imo.
  3. Troutfest Augur

Its a lot easier to box raid trash for krono then raid bosses in TSS, no wonder some folks like it just how it is.
  4. Pikollo Augur

Just because not everyone goes to the forums doesn't mean people do not agree. If everyone was so strongly for keeping it then wouldn't a ton more people be here to support your views? Guess you still can't argue that it should/should not be (if it can be) changed. Unless your argument is just "omg its fine".
  5. Brildon Augur

but the bottleneck being something you can farm as much as you need in a group or small raid with no lockout or cooldown doesnt make it as much of a bottle as a raid boss drop

its only a bottleneck if you absolutely refuse to go out of your way to get it
    tuda likes this.
  6. Xhartor Augur

Overwhelming Numbers and Hearol the Tactican being 1 group killable has to be doing interesting things to the volume of raid loot on the market place in on Mischief.
  7. Captain Video Augur

I doubt this thread would ever have existed if not for the fact one or two people thought they could get a piece of the TSS raid loot Krono market without actually raiding.
  8. Xhartor Augur

Is the backflag item tradable?
    Royal Captain Gurangor from the King Odeen raid in Vadleholm is one of the harder events in TSS, and that raid is required for FC1 flagging.
    I guess someone could have task adds to Valdeholm 2 & 3 or loot rights to those backflag items.
  9. Captain Video Augur

I'm not the right person to ask about the Mischief economy. To me the whole thing has gone nuts, it's 100% P2W now, which strikes me as being the complete opposite of the intended TLP experience as well as the intended purpose of the server's special ruleset. And to think a block of players who will never go past PoP want the exact same thing again.
  10. Appren Gnomercy

You kinda decide for yourself how you want to gear on Mischief. In my guild, a large number of players will get most of their gear from raids, with DKP. Others will do a mix of farming with single group (static or box team) and/or buying from baz combined with DKP. If you want to "p2w" your way to BiS...by all means, do so, but I'd say that is a minority of players. (and no, the stack of dozens of kronos someone has farmed or traded for during countless weeks of level 70 content etc is not p2w")
  11. Brildon Augur

I'd disagree... but I guess that depends on your definition of P2W, which to me is games where you need to spend real money to be at the top, which in mischief's case isn't true at all. The freetrade and extra drops gives the option sure, you can spend your way to BiS every xpack if you really just wanna gloat without playing the game.

But if you just play the game regularly raiding 2-3 times a week in a DKP guild, you will get nearly full BiS every xpack without spending a single KR or any real money. Usually halfway through each xpack gear starts dropping to boxes/alts, my secondary toons are far more geared then my main ever was on previous TLPs.
  12. Brildon Augur

The backflag items aren't tradeable, but are on the shared loot bucket. Though I've seen chatter on both Mischief and Thornblade's discord of guilds letting people in to loot backflags that have asked. I don't think anyone is really trying to gatekeep the game from others like the old days on live lol.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Is it really the bottleneck when it is caused by an increase in raid drops and the items can be farmed outside of raids?
  14. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Yes. Yes it is.

A bottleneck is the limiting factor of a process. There are more molds and powersources than pieces from trash, so by definition it is, in fact, the bottleneck.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure I agree with that statement when the "bottleneck" is caused by an increase in drops of something else and players are free to farm the drop as much as they want. If the drops are really going for as much as is being claimed there is a lot of incentive for people to farm them more.
  16. Pikollo Augur

Hey this guy gets it but didn't get it.

The bottleneck was created BY the increase in drop rates. The increase in drop rates is not a bad thing. Its a great thing. But it created a bottleneck. Mold rate was changed. Powersource rate was changed. Infused rate should have been changed to match the rates. The logical thing would have been to increase the drops across the board if drops were increased at the start. The incentive you speak of is more for the kronolords, 6 boxers etc. Not the raiders.

So once again. People can say the system is fine. People can say its not hard. People can say there's incentive (mainly the people farming it for plat). But the fact is everything should have been increased to match the mold drops. Otherwise what was the point of upping mold drops if not to provide kronolords more kronoing?
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And there is nothing preventing people from farming the mobs that drop the item to get it or are you saying that raiders don't sell things in the marketplace?
  18. Pikollo Augur

My original point was 2 of the 3 components to make the armor had its drops rates increased or moved to additional mobs. The final component (power infused) was left untouched creating the bottleneck. So that 3rd component could/should come in line with the other 2 components of making the armor. Thereby making the original 2 changes worth the effort. If they could move them to the group version of FC/AG (instead of just increasing the drop rate) it may promote more grouping in these zones by everyone.

I'm not saying the 3rd component is impossible to get. I'm not saying raiders don't sell stuff. I've said keeping them in the raid zone at normal drop rates is more beneficial to the 6 boxers/kronoers. And that if they make changes to 2/3 of the armor why wouldn't they change the last part so there is no bottleneck. Because with the bottleneck they made the first 2/3 kinda moot.
  19. Pikollo Augur

Also to note. For those speaking against a change because they want to farm it for plat. My guess is IF they made power infused drop more then you'd still make money 6 boxing in the raid zone and getting power infused but at a higher rate. And if they moved it to the group versions then my guess is the cost of the molds would go up as the cost of power infused goes down so it would still balance out some.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I understand that but I don't see that as making a bottleneck as the ability to farm the last one isn't limited by lockouts. If people want to farm drops that are needed for raid gear there is no reason why they can't go to the raid instance that drops them to farm it.