Mouse help: I can't look around my character in 3rd person, & other issues

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by j'Phaelluin, Jul 2, 2022.

1. j'Phaelluin New Member

I don't know what key I pressed but now my mouse won't behave as before for one of my characters.

I used to be able to use press down the Left Mouse Button to move the camera around my character to take screenshots of me facing the camera.

I also used to be able to look around my general area by pressing down on the Right Mouse Button.

Now when I press LMB causes my character to move forward; likewise pressing RMB moves the camera up and down horizontally, like an elevator.

How can I restore my previous Mouse Buttons settings?

Also, when using the Settings Window (Alt-O), if go to the KEYS Tab, and select UI, will pressing the RESET DEFAULT button only reset the keys only for the UI keys? Or will it reset ALL the Key settings?

Thank you.

PaulJC
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

press F9 , 4 times ? to help with mouse
  3. j'Phaelluin New Member

I'll try that F9 thing..
    Stymie likes this.
  4. Social Injustice New Member

F12 deactivates mouse control and will stop you from being able to hold down the left mouse button to move the camera around. F9 cycles through views.
    Dyna likes this.
  5. j'Phaelluin New Member

Hmm it fixed itself after I logged in. Thanks enough though
    Stymie likes this.
  6. Dyna Elder

Why does it just change by itself, if I don't hit F12 this should never happen I would think, I keep having to hit F12 to fix this.
  7. Knifen Augur

For me, I use backspace to bring up my map, a lot of time when I'm going to hit that I fat finger and hit f12. Probably not the case for everyone but you could be hitting it and not even know it. TBH I haven't looked to see if I can just remap the f12 key to something out of range of my fingers.
    Dyna likes this.
  8. Dyna Elder

Ah maybe my F12 key is already mapped to another key I will check. I use M for map.
    I don't use any of the F keys.
  9. Gialana Augur

By default, F12 toggles mouse mode. If your can't use the mouse buttons to look around, you can hit the When you hit the F12 key, you'll get a message about whether you're turning it on or off.

I think the map is set to both M and backspace by default. I use both. I don't know why I don't stick to one or the other.
    Dyna likes this.