Mourning the loss of the "balance.. where art thou?" thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NameAlreadyInUse, Dec 30, 2016.

1. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I will truly miss this ongoing discussion. It was nice to see almost the entire forum community coming together in one thread, for as long as DBG would allow it. It was ended before its time, and I hope we can find something else that we can all get involved in.

Here's to all of you!
  2. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

I will miss my daily forum read.
  3. Cicelee Augur

I am curious as to what the final straw was to get it locked. It was stated that the thread went 34 pages, had over a dozen forum guidelines violations, and changed topics four times or so. It lasted over three weeks, but *now* it gets locked.

I would think there was one specific moment that crossed some line. Curious what that moment was.
  4. Brohg Augur

Nothin' special, by my money. Just the moderator headed home for the weekend, so wanted to close it before New Years. Obviously it could have run through all of 2017 if left unchecked, spinning off suspensions every couple hours
  5. Warpeace Augur

Or could just have been the normal and crying to nerf a class or two.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  6. Brohg Augur

Cicelee's observing that the thread had had that stuff going on for weeks, so it's insufficient to explain the timing of the lock.
  7. Sindaiann Augur

I am surprised it lasted 34 pages....
  8. Piemastaj Augur

It was over the holidays, not really a surprise.

Last expansion a ton of items had wrong stats or wrong clickies because the Devs all took a break after launch. Actually surprised it didn't stay open until after New Years.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I liked the thread because it was a hotbed for angst, despair, and anger. These emotions are things I feed from.
  10. Drogba Augur

nom nom nom
  11. Evurkvest Augur

Wasnt the thread about pets being to powerful in general, and mages needed another nerf? Im sure tank classes could handle alot more grp/raid content if that happend.
  12. Brohg Augur

no, it was specifically about pets mitigating melee better than player characters.
  13. Repthor Augur

And Grapes , dont forget the Grapes
  14. fransisco Augur

Cicelee specifically states she was able to solo a mob in EoK as a mage.
    Obviously mages pets are still encroaching on tanks. Maybe mages should just lose their pets all together. That will finally fix the problems.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Beimeith finally posts in the thread and a few hours later it's locked...coincidence? I think not.
    Sheex, MrMajestykx, Vrinda and 3 others like this.