Mount Speed - resolution ideas

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Draego, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Draego Augur

SOE just love stirring the s**t bucket

Poor CSR agents, how I do not envy you.

SOE should just make the 100k horse equal in speed to the Seru and Emporer Ssra models, or reduce the cost of Gold Tickets on the Loyalty Vendor so people can obtain a Glowing Black Drum more easily.
  2. Borr New Member

I have a three toon box crew. Two of the characters had the "flag" for black drum speed mounts even though they NEVER had a mount that speed. I actualy petitioned it because the one character that was going the correct speed was always dropping /follow and it was pretty annoying I actualy wanted the fast speed flag removed believe it or not. I didn't get anywhere with that. I ended up getting the drum on the slow toon so he wouldn't fall behind. Low and behold after this patch the two characters who were "bugged" are now back to the 100k speed. What a joke lol! Guess I need tog get another couple golden tickets.
  3. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Now I need to get a Hobby Horse and try it!

Anyway, it seems this patch finally fixed my problems.
  4. Mithrandyr Augur

"SOE should just make the 100k horse equal in speed to the Seru and Emporer Ssra models, or reduce the cost of Gold Tickets on the Loyalty Vendor so people can obtain a Glowing Black Drum more easily."
    Why?
    Sinestra and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  5. alidan Lorekeeper

because locking faster movement behind
    1) catching a rare spawn, and ones that are perma camped is bs
    2) requiring people to get really far in older raids just for a chance at it dropping is bs
    3) giving only 2 classes a raid speed mounts through aa, and 3 others an aa (though it is a group one) is also bs for the normal play
    4) and locking the only buyable one behind months/years of payed play time or around 1 million if not more plat is also bs

the best reason to have a bard in group is because it can make you run as fast as a raid mount.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Actually bards run faster than raid mounts I know mine does.

Andarriel
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

1. AFAIK, none of them are rare spawns. They are raid named who have a static respawn timer after which they always spawn. So the only issue if them being semi-perma camped. But in all honesty the only issue in the perma-camp issue is figuring out when they were killed if you didn't get them at server up.
    2. With the exception of Ghostrider and the Clockwork boar upgrade (I assume), none of the other raids which drop the mounts are more than just going and killing the raid named which drops them. Granted that you have to get the respective keys for Seru and Emp. Ssra, but once you have those keys they are there forever. Not long fights.
    3. Knights have raid speed mounts via AAs and no one else does; that whinefest was over more than a decade ago, if it ever even started. What 3 classes have this mythical raid mount speed group AA buff? I do believe that you're confused on how fast these things are, they are just barely faster (like 3-5% faster than the 100k bazaar bought one). I mean .... if anyone should be miffed about stuff like this it should be us monks who keep getting out runspeed AAs farmed out and such when it maxes out at 13% Slower than the best Bazaar mount. Sorry, but there is no bs here either.
    4. Umm.. the only bought one... I'm guessing here that you mean the Glowing Black drum. Hate to break this to you but there is absolutely no truth to it being locked under any amount of paid play time or anything near 1 Million plat. Even free players get Loyalty (Free/Bronze accrue at 30 points per Week, Silver accrue at 60 point per Week, and Gold accrue at 120 points per Week). So while it will take a Free player 4x as long and a Silver player 2x as long as a Gold player to obtain the loyalty to buy a Gold Ticket it isn't requiring any amount of paying.
    Seriously quit whining for more and accept that they are improving things like this. Before this you might have liked your free Worg, but it was slower than you walking now though it will be at least as fast as any other mount you have most of which are now equal to the top Bazaar one. That is plenty fast enough to move around.
    Candara, Revalla, Sinestra and 2 others like this.
  8. feiddan Augur

This is patently false. LiS and Emp are on timers and are open-world. Alternatively, Ghostrider is 100% instanced.

LiS, Emp, and Ghostrider are not at all far into older raids. None of them require killing any major mobs leading up to them.

Huh?

Golden tickets don't take anywhere near a million plat.

Max speed is 158%. The best mounts move at 150%. The fastest mounts are highly desirable chase items; you aren't entitled to them. Their lack of availability makes them all the more novel, but they're hardly difficult to attain or particularly costly.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Edrick like this.
  9. silku Augur

It's a Station Cash move. They just want people who have 'fast' mounts to buy new graphic mounts. It's really not for the players benefit, but more for their wallet. Smart move imo.
  10. Darzag Elder

I think it's great. My veridian cragslither can be useful again.
    Sinestra likes this.
  11. Mithrandyr Augur

Emperor area is back flagged to 55. A creative player can get to seru without a key. Ghostrider bridle is the first event in a raid that is back flagged to 72. With a lot of bad luck, the glowing drum will cost you160k. It could cost as little as 20k.
    Sensationalism with an agenda is bs. Misinformation is bs.
    Edrick, Sinestra and feiddan like this.
  12. Mithrandyr Augur

I was pretty excited that my magic carpets finally got their speed flags.
    Sinestra and Qest T. Silverclaw like this.
  13. Draego Augur

Here is the crux, for those who have not already found this out;

On 2 long existing toons, never changed the mounts that they had once they were given them (1 Jade and 1 Onyx Hydra type) had top run speed values when they were assigned to the characters, no other mounts ever assigned to the characters; both are now no faster than if you purchase or claim a brand new mount on a brand new toon, that has no existing mount speed record.

Yes that means the mounts lost their speed, because everything will now scale to the fastest mount you have owned, but that also means that if the fastest mount you ever owned was ONLY the mount that the character had, then that mount got reset to a factory basic version of the Worg or Bridled mount models which weren't any faster than running (may have just been walking from the beginning).

The problem is that SOE has screwed around with existing player flag information, with this portion of the update, something that they claim that they DO NOT and are INCAPABLE of doing.

This is the most laughable response in this thread so far, mainly because it appears to have been made by a Seru and Emp perma-camper. First there is nothing false about LiS and Emp being impossible to catch, simply because they are perma farmed. I do not know of a single server (with maybe the exclusion of progression servers) were these mobs are ever up by more than 30 seconds from the time they spawn. Yes, they are that over camped, which leads to problems discussed in the following thread Old raid mobs with long respawn timers.

Thank you Xianzu_Monk_Tunare for validating that point with your response, here:
    This however, is an incorrect statement and Andarriel is correct about bards being able to outrun raid mounts, unless of course a person has a pretty crappy slow connection speed, then it becomes a matter of needing a better IP.

Druid and Shaman have the Communion of Cheetah AA, Bards get Selo's Sonata
    Druid and Shaman AA
    Spirit of Cheetah None Increase Movement by 76% (L1) to 115% (L40)
    Bard AA
    [IMG] Selo's Sonata None Increase Movement by 16% (L1) to 65% (L50)
    Base information at http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Run_Speed
    According to the info at the Allas link Pal/SK mounts are same speed as Glowing Bridle/Drum

As to Monks on the aspect of having their Run AA outmatched, that has been just as much of a whinefest and for just as long, so please do us a favor and take your own advice.
  14. Draego Augur

See here is the problem I was describing being the crux:

The 2 mounts I just finished describing, when originally claimed by the characters owning them were Mount Speed 4 (fastest after raid/knight). The characters owning these mounts have NEVER had anything else, yet now these 2 mounts are Mount Speed 1.

Before you ask or say I need to put in a petition about it, I already have. I also /bug reported it. I was told it was an issue with the player flags similar to the issue Boor described above. I do not think anyone who had a fast mount before the patch should be forced to go purchase a 100k Bazaar mount or have to try beating out a perma-camper to regain something that they had before the patch.

Now if that is asking too much, then clearly the problem doesn't exist with me, but in the people who did not get screwed over by SOE tampering with stuff and botching up character flags.
  15. feiddan Augur

Actually, I haven't killed LiS or Seru since the PoP era. For what it's worth, I do not know of a single server (maybe including progression servers) where these mobs are always up for less than 30 seconds from the time they spawn. The problem with you going and making claims like that, there's a burden of proof; the mobs don't always die nearly as quickly as you like to believe. These mobs are absolutely able to be caught (but no, it won't be easy, and will require a hefty time investment). If you don't like the rat race of Lucin-era bosses, Deathknell #1 can nearly be solo'd at level 100 as a melee in group gear. Find a friend or two to lend some extra DPS, and you'll end up with what might be the best looking mount in the game (if you don't like the look, alternatively, it will buff all your other mounts to raidspeed).

I'd like a shot as Emp and LiS just as much as the next person - I'd love a Caen's staff and some plate looking armor to add to my collection. Here's a small tip: the Fabled Emp is on a 4 hour spawn timer, which is as great an opportunity to farm your own a raid mount as you're likely to see. I'm unsure of the spawn timer of Fabled LiS; maybe next year I'll make an effort to farm his sword for my SK.

115% is nothing close to 150%. Further, Spirit of Cheetah is a short-duration spell (base of 48 seconds). The speed of Cheetah is comparable to the typical $$$ mounts, which cap at 114%. I'm not sure how 65% is close to 150% - I'll leave you to explain that one.
  16. Pirouette Augur

Not really sure why Spirit of Cheetah shows such a higher number than Selos, I can assure you it's miles behind. I box a druid and bard.

Responding to various misconceptions here...

-Emp Ssra's timer does get reset with the patch. He just doesn't spawn on server up...his "window" activates and you need to wait until the window is over (about 6 hours iirc?).
    -Emp Ssra requires no keys or flagging of any sort; a level 1 can go into the emperor's room. There are locked doors yes but there are plenty of methods from getting past them without the help of picklock. You can also CotH outside the portal leading to Emp Ssra's chambers (BEFORE you click it)
    -You can CotH or campfire into Seru's room but you can also get past his door by yourself if you know the illusion trick
    -Neither Seru nor Emp are locked down as hard as you think since the population has done the favor for them and told the world they're "impossible" to get. The mounts don't drop often enough to be worth plat farming for (some people are still blind enough to believe otherwise)--most of the people locking down these mobs are just trying to gear old characters for fun. I walked in to SS once and found Seru's fresh corpse with the horse on it. I decided to sit and wait to see if the killer would come back, which he did, and he let me loot the horse. Why don't you guys just try to TALK to these people?
    -GBD should cost you no more than 240k assuming you get really unlucky and refuse to spend loyalty on gold tickets. If you paid more then sorry man you got ripped off.

Lastly...
    Draego, is that true about the jade/onyx hydra losing movement speed? You have a legitimate argument about it being BS if so... But my warrior's chimera is still running just as fast (never used a different mount) so I think that might have been implemented as a mistake. Try contacting CS?
    Harabakc likes this.
  17. Draego Augur

Ok to answer your directed question first, yes like I said I have already filed a petition on the matter, I also /bug reported it as I said. The answer I was given was that the issue was a character flag issue, and that there was nothing that they could/would do to resolve the matter. I appealed and asked that the petition be escalated to the management level, so will have to wait and see what the response is from that.

Now to make one note of correction, to my knowledge there is absolutely no way of selling back the Glowing Bridles for plat farming unlike the Bridles that drop from the Praesertums. But with the advent of the current patch, I really do see this becoming more of an issue about people KSing those mobs.
  18. Pirouette Augur

I've never tried to sell the seru/emp bridles myself so it might not be possible. But I could really see no other logical explanation to why the same person would need so many horses lol. Oh, and when it comes to new players getting a raid mount is especially easy...

Click This Link to Get Your Free Max Speed Mount NOW!
    If you can't manage one of the above methods to getting a raid speed mount all you have to do is quit for 6 months or start a brand new account and become my (or anyone's) recruitee.

Yeah shameless advertising 8P but I'm dead serious. I started a recruitee account and keep my recruit mage on autofollow with my druid's Emp SSRA mount..never falls behind. The same character mountless with Communion of the Cheetah following the mounted druid falls off autofollow pretty fast. 100k horses of course also fall behind over long distances.
    (/autofollow someone across a long, treeless zone like Maiden's Eye--if you can stay caught up then rest assured you're the same speed).
    Draego likes this.
  19. MrGPAC Augur

I remember back when Bards were the fastest thing around by a good margin...and it was a large part of the appeal of the class when I made my bard back in 1999 (who else is gunna out run grimfeather?). I was actually quite irate when they decided to out the bards bread and butter during luclin,. Fast run speed isn't something that should be taken as a given and isn't something available to the masses. Its a boost for playing particular classes. Horses were the beginning of class defining abilities being whored out to the masses, and its a trend that has mostly taken over the game with few exceptions.

That said...running fast isn't a right...you should count your lucky stars the ability to get a raid speed horse is even possible...and no, its not difficult to obtain.

Lastly, bard run speed shows at 65%. That doesn't include instrument modifiers, which cap over 4...how far over 4 depending on the song. This brings the run speed to over 260%, which is well over the cap of 158%.

~MrGPAC
    Pirouette and Draego like this.
  20. Draego Augur

Too many statements to answer by posting each in a seperate quote so I will just add my responses into the following quote in a colored font.
    Yeah I've done the last part, was running so fast that when I made a turn on the Druid with the Bard on AF (so the Bard didn't leave the Druid when Group Cheetah dropped), the AF sent the Bard running off in a strait line. Was like WTF? Where did my Bard go?

EDIT:
    I think I actually stole the idea of pairing a Druid and Bard up from you Pirouette.... lol

Also nothing wrong with a little shameless advertising.....:p
    Pirouette likes this.