Mount and Illusion keyring missing from buying EoK?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by YellowBelly, Sep 24, 2017.

1. YellowBelly Augur

Am I missing something? I'm at 0/0 on mount and Illusion keys after purchase. My account is free to play and never bought anything on it before.

I only seem to have access to the familiar keyring. It clearly says access to all previous expansion content. Is this a bug?
  2. gotwar Gotcharms

Mount/Illusion keyrings are no longer included in expansion purchases.

Have to buy them from the marketplace for DBC.
  3. YellowBelly Augur

What? They are like $15.00 each! This is false advertising. The fine print clearly says "Access to all previous expansion content "

I should contact the better business bureau about this.
  4. Derd Augur

Content is zones, mobs, aa's and spells for example. Features such as key rings are not included. And really the bbb?
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Nah they just "modified" the rules via announcement Sept-2016: Please note that once EverQuest: Empires of Kunark becomes available for pre-order, the Mount and Illusion Key Ring will no longer be included with expansion purchases.
  6. Vlad Diszno Augur

I read the "Access to all previous expansion content " as meaning access to all in-game content from all expansions before EoK, nothing to do with the bonus items.
    So perhaps you misinterpreted that statement?

First, did you buy the basic edition version or collectors or premium? The basic $17.50 version will only have the keyring feature.
    If you did buy $45 collectors or $70 premium version, did you thoroughly check your Claims window? There can be a long list there( at least mine is) and can try one's patience while looking for an item.

Would seem silly to offer upgrades to the editions and not give all the items listed under each edition.
    Why would they sell upgrade editions if all editions merely gave access to the zones, mobes, aa, and spells, and not the bonus items?

Hopefully the question is moot and you'll find that either you've merely ordered the basic and therefore are not due the unique items, or if you did order one of the more expensive ones, you will find items in Claim window.

I couldn't find Sept-2016 announcement, but this Sept-2017 announcement says "The unique bonus items that come with the Empires of Kunark expansion will no longer be available with an expansion purchase once pre-orders begin for EverQuest: Ring of Scale begin in October!".
    It also says "Don’t forget that the option to purchase the Collector’s or Premium Edition of EverQuest: Empires of Kunark won’t be available after pre-orders for EverQuest: Ring of Scale begin in October!"

Since it isn't Oct yet, seems like "the unique bonus items" should still be available w/ the purchases.

edit: thinking about it some more, I think perhaps I was on the wrong train of thought if you were meaning keyring perks that were given by previous expansions? I would guess that old expansions feature vs. bonus items work in the same way as EoK's do. So basically the most you can get is just the 'feature' you would get from the basic edition version once the more expensive versions are not available anymore, and not the items.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

8. Vlad Diszno Augur

hah, think I finally figured out how to post this link. It was going to be in my first post, but didn't work for me...
    Now this applies to most of my previous post, except for the edit

Edit: I guess it didn't work this time either, so for those interested, look up The Question Is Moot, an old SNL skit
  9. Ryuda Journeyman

Bought the expansion too with the thought, that keyrings and illusion from old expansions are there - and i don't expect the collectors, only the basic expansion pack. This is for sure false advertising. This should have been explicitely excluded in the advertising. I don't know if that is typical US behavior but in our country here this violates clearly the law. After complaining via petition I got the same answer - not included...

It is really astounding how DGB dare to suck out the money of the people compared to other companies despite the fact that the whole system is even partly instable not only on AB. I have played other games and never had such issues like these big lags, server instability, problems with orders and payment, no real communication on current errors, buggy quests - and I still wonder that this game even exists - so many people with nostalgia sticking to that game even with expensive and poor support. I feel like a cash cow quite a time meanwhile....

But this seems typcial US behavior in money making...
  10. Flatchy Court Jester

Pay Ford Pinto money, you drive a piece o crap. Pay Cadillac money you get the options.