MOTM Removal?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aziuno, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Aziuno Augur

I know MOTM was implemented to make encounters difficult in era again, and I was wondering if there was any plan to remove it from old content? With the way the mechanics of MOTM are, it's pretty hard to burst these targets down. The only way to do these encounters with less than a raid force at this time is Attrition the mobs through time.

An example would be, like after 7 expansions to remove them?

Classic MOTM removed with GoD
    Kunark Removed with OOW
    Velious Removed with DoN
    Luclin removed with DODH
    PoP removed with PoR?

I know most of these targets can be 1 grouped or even 2-3 manned for the Classic/Kunark, but some of the Velious/Luclin are still difficult and require raid forces, where at this point in Live it would be 1 group able.

Would this be Good or Bad for the TLP servers? or not change much? (wouldn't impact Agnaar at all)
  2. Machentoo Augur

After seven expansions, you don't really need to remove them. Taking off Motow to let the pet classes farm old stuff would be nice though.
  3. Aziuno Augur

Personally, I have been looking at Shei Vinitras (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=8561), who without MOTM would be much easier. It also has some nice stuff (15% tailoring, 10% Tinkering, Bard AA Amplify), and I imagine the fight will be difficult with motm without a few groups.

You are correct though that most of them are trivial with small numbers after 7 expansions. Removing MOTM wouldn't change much except those with the more difficult mechanics.

Edit: It could be even in OOW you remove them all, that would not impact Angaar, and it would not trivialize time more while in GoD
  4. malaki Augur

Sort of an in between solution, but I always thought they could just use whatever the current MoTM was on older stuff. Would make older stuff easier to do without completely making it trivial.
    snailish likes this.
  5. Aziuno Augur

What would that look like?

Classic -> MOTM 1

Kunark Hits,
    Classic+Kunark > MOTM 2

Velious Hits,
    Classic+Kunark+Velious > MOTM 3

Luclin Hits
    Classic+Kunark+Velious+Luclin > MOTM 4

PoP Hits
    Classic+Kunark+Velious+Luclin+PoP > MOTM 5

LDON Hits
    All content no MOTM?
    snailish likes this.
  6. malaki Augur

Yeah pretty much.
    snailish likes this.
  7. AgentofChange Augur

What mob in velious and luclin can't be done with a group? It's all trivial, albeit time consuming.
  8. Aziuno Augur

My point exactly. At this point it is trivial, and no longer needed to serve its intended purpose, to keep mobs difficulty in era. So why not remove it on out of era content.
    It's not on live servers, setup some script for them to phase out or be removed.
  9. AgentofChange Augur

Kind of the opposite of my point. They have no need to do additional work to remove as it isn't an issue.
  10. Aziuno Augur

Sorry, I misunderstood you there.

I don't see why they would keep it in the game if it is not on live servers, or at least remove it on open world and keep it on instanced mobs. This is obviously nothing that needs to be done urgently, but removing them would better align the content with live. At this point, it is just wasting peoples time or preventing them from going back and experiencing the old content without a group.

It's a pipe dream that I thought more people shared, I guess no one else seems to care.
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

One of the things I really liked doing in the level 70-75 expansion range was going back and seeing what bosses you could solo. At 65 in VT gear for example Druids could solo all the Kunark dragons. At 70 I think a Druid got very close to doing Vindicator. A 75 Cleric did Avatar of War.

Mighty Buff sort of makes this not possible. Or rather it shifts way back what's doable solo. So I'd love to see it removed after GoD or OoW get launched on a server.
  12. AgentofChange Augur

I mean, go roll a heroic toon on live and steamroll the content then. This ain't live.
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

It's not about steamrolling. It's about stretching the capabilities of your character solo against old raid mobs.

Just like many guilds split raid so that content actually presents some semblance of a challenge to them. With all the stupid out of era DPS upgrades, conveniences and items we have access to on this server, nothing is remotely challenging with a raid of 54 people. Thus splitting. Of course I'm sure some guilds just split cause ermerged pixels.
  14. Aziuno Augur

Brumans likes this.
  15. Illusory Augur

I believe part of the answer is in your very sentence.

Perhaps they never intended for players to be able to solo an npc designed for multiple groups. It was just an oversight on the live servers and now they have a chance to make the game somewhat social again.
  16. Machentoo Augur

Sorry, can already solo some of them. And as the server progresses, will be able to solo all of them, with or without motm.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Sure... They shouldn't have increased levels, AAs and gear value so much to the point of main tanks having 225k HP if they didn't want Gorenaire to be soloed then...

With time, it all becomes soloable unless there is some mechanical constraint preventing it like the Stonemite event in Inkt'uta requiring 4 characters (previously it was 16?). I just think it's dumb that Mighty Buff persists into the era Phinigel is currently in is all. Largely it doesn't impact my gameplay. But I'd love to have the option to try to go back and solo Zlandicar at level 70 like many players did during OoW which isn't as doable now due to Mighty Buff. I'll just have to probably wait a few more expansions before it's feasible. Meh
  18. KPW99 Lorekeeper

fwiw Zlandicar is solo-able at 70 with motm
  19. Nekromancy Elder

If you played an SK you could probably solo all of the old content that you wanted.
  20. BrokedownPaladin New Member

+1 for removing MotM. 2 hour tormax fight kinda sucks