MOTM on Luclin mobs on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Picara, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Picara New Member

So I was all excited to finish my Arx key without using a whole bunch of people, now that MOTM is supposed to drop off the praesertum's in Sanctus Seru and allow for pet tanking once again. I killed the first 3 praesertums just fine, no MOTM buff, only to find Praesertum Rhugol still has the MOTM IV buff. Hopefully this can be looked at and fixed, as he currently cant be tanked by pets due to aggro transfer, unlike the other 3.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

iirc Luclin doesn't lose MoTM until Seeds of Destruction.
  3. DeseanJackson Augur

Well in theory, wouldn't all of them have the MOTM buff if it was affecting all Luclin mobs? Sounds like a smaller issue potentially only affecting one, unless you've confirmed with other raid mobs from said era.
  4. Febb Augur

5. Picara New Member

Good way to keep mount sales up :rolleyes:
  6. Ryak Augur

This definitely sounds like something they somehow overlooked and should fix.

Did you try posting on the latest bugs thread? Sometimes they are more responsive to issues posted there.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Some of the open world mobs don't lose their MotM until they die at least once and reset or the zone crashes.

Why, because reasons.
  8. Prathun Developer

The logic to set MotM on an NPC occurs when they spawn. The script will not run again if they are already up when the expansion opens that would mean they shouldn't have MotM anymore, and even if it did, there is no logic to revert their stats.
    A major rewrite would be necessary to handle this edge case.
    Boze likes this.
  9. Ryak Augur

Ah, that makes perfect sense. Thanks for explaining! I suspect i would have done the same thing in your shoes.

Maybe in this edge case the person concerned can petition customer support to do something to respawn the mob?

If it's already up I wouldn't think this would be too much of an ask. I guess it depends on what CS is allowed to do.