More Spell Gems & Hotkeying spells?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by xCROOKEDx, Oct 17, 2012.

1. xCROOKEDx New Member

Alright, I got some newby questions I'd like answered. ^-^
    Firstly: Is there anyway to get more than the 8ish spell gems you start with? It gets rather annoying to have to re-gem a spell every time I want to use something that's not gemmed.
    Secondly: How do you add spells into your hotkey bar? I know the first 3 in your spell gem bar are automatically added to the first hotkey bar, but I like having more than that at my fingertips (spoiled from newer games I guess haha)
    Thirdly: How do you move and/or delete hotkeys in the hotkey bar? I have a few that I would like to shuffle about or delete for convenience.
    Thanks!
  2. Keshua Journeyman

Yes you can get 4 more spell gems by purchasing the Mnemonic Retention Aa's in your Archetype tab.

For placing spells in the hotbar, just left-click and hold the spell gem until one appears on your cursor. Then simply drop it onto on of the hotkey slots.

For deleting hotkeys you don't want, just left-click and hold until the key appears on your cursor, then discard it somewhere on your screen, or place it into another hotkey slot by dropping it there.

Oh, yeah. And it may help to make spell sets. that way when you need to mem buffs and whatnot you can load them all with just one click. Just right-click the spellbook at bottom of your spell gems and click Save Spell List. I have a spell list for buffs and one for normal combat, but you can have as many as you want :)
  3. Yther Augur

No more than 8, until you can buy some Mnemonic Retention at level 55. Simply left-click and hold whatever you want to make a hotkey out of, and wait for it to appear on the cursor, then place it anywhere in the hotbar. To move, simply left-click and hold the hotkey until pops off the hotbar onto your cursor, then move it where ever.

You can also use / make macros via /hotbutton name command_text or the right-click on blank social page button (Ctrl+O). For casting, it's /cast # where # is the spell gem number you see when you hover or hold Alt down over the spell gem bar (1-8 to start with).

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:macros may help get you started, along with http://www.onlinegamecommands.com/everquest/everquestcommands.htm

EDIT: Forgot, right-clicking (if you have context menus turned on in Options (Alt+O)) allows quick loading of spell sets and individual spells from a menu. If you want to move from the spell book to the spell gem bar, it's the same as a hotbar, but start by clicking the spell icon in the spell book then moving it to the spell gem bar.

To delete a hotkey,. simply get it on the cursor, like you're gonna move it, but click in the view port somewhere not on a hotbar to drop it.

Yther Ore.
  4. xCROOKEDx New Member

Okay, thanks for the help guys! ^_^