More questions from a new player

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Markulyas, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Markulyas New Member

Hi,

I have been continuing my adventures in Crescent Reach now and I have some new questions that I will appreciate if experienced players could answer:

- Is there a quick way to compare an item in my inventory (in terms of stats gain/loss) or on a merchant to an item that I have equipped. Other than Alt + Clicking on both to open their tooltips.
    - Is there a coordinate system for maps? Any way to see my coordinates on the map?
    - Is there a way to take notes in the game?
    - Any tips for using my skill points at the class trainer?
    - Is there a way to hide other players' "say" dialogs with NPCs? They keep pushing up my own dialogs that I am trying to read.
    - Is there a way to stop the flashing of NPC names when I click on them? It hurts my eyes.
    - Is there a possibility to display item tooltips "on hover", when cursor is on the item? Instead of Alt + Click. Tiring mechanism.

Thanks.
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Maps. Use /loc to find your current coordinate; some custom maps have lines per 1,000 points.

It is not important to use skill points. They are most useful at low levels to get a 5-10 point start on a skill; for example, FD for monks. The first few points come rather slowly for many skills. They used also to be good for tradeskills, but the fast skill up quests in Crescent Reach/Abysmal Sea have superseded that. You can also buy starter points in languages, if you can't find someone to teach you.

Open a separate window and filter various dialogs to it. Personally, I put all melee/spell spam in one window, guild and various other player chat in another, and leave the rest in a third.

We mostly use right-click to inspect items, rather than alt-click - it's fractionally quicker.
    Markulyas likes this.
  3. Tenaka Lorekeeper

/note brings up a notepad you can save misc. notes there.
    If I have extra skill points I like to spend them on swimming'=)
    Markulyas likes this.
  4. Markulyas New Member

Thanks for the tips.

That's useful. But is there a way to see the coordinates on the map? It will update in real-time as I move.

I learned about filtering but how do I filter other players' dialogs with NPCs? There is one "say" option at the top in the filters, and it seems it covers my dialogs with NPCs as well as other players' dialogs with NPCs.

How do you make it to work with only right-click? That would be major improvement compared to alt + right-click which gets tedious shortly.

/note is cool, thanks :) I like swimming, so I shall spend the points on other things.
  5. Markulyas New Member

Sorry, I misunderstood. I know holding right-click also shows the tooltips. Though, given current options I prefer Alt+click because holding right-click is more tiring for my fingers. I wish it was possible to see item tooltips on hover.
  6. Borek-VS Augur

If you right click then move the mouse, the inspector stays up.
  7. SomeEQGuy Elder

You show up on the map as an arrow. Your groupmates show up as an X. You might have to turn on an option on the map screen to get these to show but I thought showing them was the default. The default color for these is green. I always change it to blue for both myself and groupmates in the edit maps screen. It's been a while - I think you bring it up by clicking on the tool icon on the map screen.