More lost time, no bonus exp and not even an apology posted

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Runes Augur

This is going on weeks of crashes and roll backs and a lot of paying customers whose quality of game life have been adversely affected by this disaster of a scheme to open up TLPS for free to gain some advertising traction.

Just shut down the free to play period already and admit it was a mistake and make it up to the paying customers by giving a 30 day extension on existing subs.

Its not patch issues, its a load issue that is not going to go away until you cut the population down on Mangler. Its not fair to the people that have paid to play and are constantly getting reamed up the every day from the server going down and locked and the rolled back for periods of time.
    Aenvar and Goner like this.
  2. Protagonist Tank

This was happening before the free to play were brought in too. It's an endemic problem, not a population size problem.
    GNOME_POWER likes this.
  3. spoopy Journeyman

jchan is too busy sleeping
    Creedmonk likes this.
  4. Runes Augur

Protagonist you would be right if the frequency of crashes was the same across the board for all servers, but its not. Mangler's crashing and server issues causing rollbacks and false lock outs and lost play time is way above any other server and it has gotten worst since the start of the launch of the Free to Play period.

Mangler has exploded in characters, common to see 4-5 full general chat channels full alone. Its like a server launch on steroids and the only lucky point we have is that there is far more content to spread the load around because if it was a classic only limited zones, the server would be crashing ten times a day.

But it doesn't change the fact that DPG is being tone deaf to the plight of their paying customers and willing to throw them under the bus to attract new customers and not even try and make it up to them in some small token. How hard would it be to at least throw some batches of XP pots or extend their current subscription time by a few weeks as a good PR move?

Jchan has not even taken the free step to post an apology as the lead face of EQ. It speaks a lot to what they think of their loyal paying player base.
  5. Creedmonk Augur

In before

"Hello fellow Norrathains! We've heard your feedback and know how much you all are loving the increase in requirements for leveling with all of the roll backs and server outages! We've decided to extend the server crashes for at least another month! We've also decided since we know how much everyone likes spending their time leveling so much, the new TLP's will have a 90% experience penalty which means you'll grind 10x more!"
    jeskola likes this.
  6. Rcbauer Augur

So ...like...don't play man.
  7. Lemerian Elder

So, like, don't read posts complaining, man.
    Runes likes this.
  8. Dilf Augur

This forum would be completely devoid of anything without complaint posts.
  9. Court Elder

Because they know you’ll keep paying and keep playing, no matter how frustrating it gets. If you were going to go to WoW, you’d be gone.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

On behalf of deybreakgames, I am sorry. I did not want to crash, but it happened. We're working hard to do our best so that it doesn't happen again and we will make it up to you.
  11. Kiddd New Member

Giving us an exp bonus while the servers remain unstable is completely pointless. You will still complain about server crashes and rollbacks. Except instead of...I lost 6aa on the latest rollback, it will be... I lost 12aa on this rollback ZOMG.

Tell me how this makes it better. Whats the fix then? QUADRUPLE EXP!!

I would much prefer stable servers at normal exp over double exp with servers still crashing constantly. Lets have them focus on that first, then worry about potential compensation.
  12. That0neguy Augur

Because enabling double exp really distracts from fixing the problem....
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  13. Xeris Augur

Ok here it is. I'm sorry! There's the apology.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

Thank you. Now can you please give me bonus exp that starts next month and lasts a fair bit?
  15. Cidran Augur

Don't expect any kind of compensation at all... Indeed, communication with your customers is a must in any kind of business, but it's not happening. My guess: They must have so many problems right now they just barely able to keep the game running.
    jiri_ likes this.
  16. Oldschool AF New Member

No one is asking for 2x exp over a stable server. The people asking for compensation are doing so based on the server working. When an inconvenience happens in other time based situations usually compensation is expected once the system is working. Even companies like Xfinity will give you free stuff or temp upgrade your service if you ask when your services have been withheld by provider error.
    Runes likes this.
  17. Sikkun Augur

Here is your prorated refund of $2.50 for your outage time oh and your $70 bill for a technician to come out and replace the Comcast owned tap at the street. Have a nice day!
    CatsPaws likes this.
  18. Skrem Journeyman

Its pretty simple. Just cancel your sub and let it run out.
  19. Runes Augur

So...Like..Sure as soon as you pay me back my subscription money since I am not a free to leech player.
  20. Runes Augur

You are confused, I never said I would leave to go play WoW