More info on expansions 18-27

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by quakedragon, Jul 19, 2021.

1. quakedragon Augur

To the game developers. Please really provide more newbie guides in game for expansions 18-27.

I'm starting to get to these expansions, but I haven't got a clue how to get there, and where to start.
    Looking at https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Progression_Through_Veil_of_Alaris
    It doesn't even say "well to get to shards landing you go here here and here"
    Nothing. Just talks about the expansion like I'm a veteran and already went through it and just looking back for quick reference.

But no I'm a newplayer. Hard to think newplayer and lvl 90 go together? Well its still 9 expansions behind, 25 levels behind. Defiantly not a veteran yet and still a newplayer.

It would be nice for more in game hints. Oh your 90, still 90? Check out quests here. Go here. Go here lvl 90 player. Go here lvl 90 player. I'd like to be harped on in game, GO HERE!

I feel like I'm missing out on something and game isn't helping directing me at lvl 90, which is still newplayer game.

All I see is massive zone, many quest givers in the zone. I go to allakhazam, nothing but a list of 50+ quests, I have no clue which ones are good ones to do. Nothing but overloaded information.

VoA? I have no clue about that expansion. What's the zones for it? No clue. Where does it start? No clue. Any easy gear to get? No clue. Easy nameds? No clue.

Every single level from 85, I should be getting notified HEY good job keep it up, almost there 30 more levels to 115. GO HERE have you checked out here, Do you know about this and that? HEY did you know this and that? I feel like I need a ton of motivation and still trying to learn every nook and cranny. At 90 there is still 9 years of content completely foreign to me.

So please provide motivation and information each level. Because I'm still LOST. I go off of level, not by expansion. If you told me thats a lvl 92 zone I'll go, but if you say its EoK zone, good zone. I'd be like huh? Is that a lvl 92 zone? Completely lost.
    Like gear 92-95? HUH? completely flabbergasted why thats that way.
    Getting told HEY noticed your lvl 90, are you wearing this armor? You can get it by doing this! Have you checked out the spell vendors HERE? Have you checked out the gear merchant here? IF You farm faction with this you can get these good items from this NPC. Hey noticed your ally faction, did you can get stuff by going to this faction vendor (heck I'd be ally faction and completely oblivious I can get things that are an upgrade)

Maybe the helpful spam hints can happen while in PoK or GL. When I'm deciding what should I do.
    I think it should be spam hints and NPC. If its just NPC, thing is you gotta KNOW its an NPC, which KNOWING is most of the battle in this game. So spam hints is better in my opinion.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The game is literally too large to do this. They give us a start in all aspects of the game but to actually do the rest of it we have to look up what others have done and made guides. Its always been this way. Just thing back in the day there were no walk thrus or guides.

And because Allah is not the best resource for some things.

#1 - Would be the in game guide called Hero's Journey (its under achievements) which provides things to do up to level 90. You can also check out each specific zone in the achievements.

Some others:

https://www.almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/

https://eqresource.com/

Type this in google and you will get every progression guide Bonzz has made
    bonzz progression guide

Just google. There is a guide for everything in the game out there but its not in the game;) And once again this is not an easy game (snowflake is not in the code), it takes thought, decision making, time and strategy.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

On Zam, if you click on "Overview" for an expansion, they have a section that's LITERALLY labeled "Getting There."
    Tatanka likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

For the post SoD(seeds of destruction) expansions, you can generally use the achievements as a "loose guide". There is often a progression tab, where the quests are listen in their intended order along with the name of the quest NPCs(use /find when you are in the correct zone to find the npcs).
    Also note the npc-titles on the "find-list"(many of them have descriptive titles, such as "spell-merchant"or "quest", etc.) and browse the vendors for useful stuff.
    To find the correct zone, click the "zoneguide-button" on your map.
    Yinla and Tatanka like this.