More backflags needed in EOK raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mezz, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Mezz Lorekeeper

I sort of understand the decision to give so few backflags in EOK raids when EOK was released as a mechanism to slow down raid progression. But now that ROS is out, and requires EOK progression to break into RoS T2 (and have EOTD2) can we have a full flag drop in every EOK T2 and T3 chest (Would love seal of Charrassis backflag to drop in RoS T1 too). As it stands now, I see so much turn over in the mid tier raid forces, that we have a hard time fielding a full 54 in a T2 raid due to lack of flags, and that is with us raiding EOK T1 all year. It is only going to get worse as we focus more on EOK T3 and RoS T1. We would much rather be spending our time raiding new content rather than spending most of our raid time running old raids to flag new applicants.
  2. Sindaiann Augur

It was brought up during EoK beta that the amount of backflags in Eok chests were too few. Multiple people pointed it out and we were ignored. Highly doubt it's going to change now.

You actually need EoTD1 in T1 RoS not EoTD2. EoTD2 removes the cap penalty in T3 Eok allowing you to crit heal/dps etc in T3 Eok.

For the record there IS Charrasis (EoK T3) backflags in Ros T1 which is needed and the 85/15 rule applies.
  3. Maedhros High King

The amount of "gimme free things I didn't earn" on these forums is getting pretty freakin old.
    Warpeace, Xnao, Act of Valor and 3 others like this.
  4. Mezz Lorekeeper

What are you talking about? I earned all of my EOK flags the hard way. I just don't want to spend the next year doing the EOK raids hundreds of times just to backflag new players. You won't either if you find that your guild has turn over.
    noclue and Yinla like this.
  5. Maedhros High King

Every guild has turnover.
    We get 27 back flags for EOK T3 every week in ROS T1. Thats enough to flag 3 new apps every 2 weeks.
    I will spend a grand total of zero nights sweating going back and annihilating T2 and T3 EOK for back flags for new apps.
    Might even get Elements of Kunark woot!
    Warpeace and Mehdisin Mahn like this.
  6. Mezz Lorekeeper

I don't hear you running EOK T1 or T2 raids for backflags. Your guild may get to the a point where you can't get 54 in EOK T3 raid for EOTD. But yeah if you are only raiding RoS, the poor backflags in EOK affects you less. And if you are getting 9 backflags in RoS for EOK, that is better than the pidly 2 we still get in EOK raids for backflags.
  7. Maedhros High King

I was not happy and posted in the beta forums when they upped the back flags for EOK T3 that drop in T1 ROS from 2 to 9.
    Back flags should be a small convenience, not a means to fully flag a returning player or an app without ever once having zoned into the back flagged zone.
  8. Hellfyres Lorekeeper

Except you don't need EoTD2 except to do T3 EOK.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  9. Mezz Lorekeeper

Going to have to disagree with you here. Forcing an entire raid force to constantly do older raids so that new apps can help with the raids that the raid force cares about is not fun. By your logic there should not be any flags that drop in a chest.

But anyway, having more flags drop in EOK T2 and T3 chests won't hurt you in the slightest, so why argue against it?
  10. Maedhros High King

Getting stuff for free hurts the integrity of the game and diminishes the accomplishment of people that got it done before, as well as the new people who get it done the easy "entitled" way.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

They could make a compromise: Put several complete backflag-sets in the chest, and require the old conquest-achievements from the player before allowing him to click the backflag-bits.

This way a guild wouldn't have to spend that much time re-running old raids, and the backflagged player would still experience the old raids, at least once.

Personally, Im ok with the current backflagging-solution though. :)

Maybe a combination would be a good solution: Large quantities of conquest-requiring backflags, and small quantities of backflags that have no requirements, in the chest. That would give guilds different options about how they want to backflag new recruits. :)
  12. Vlerg Augur

The answer to this question really depend on wether or not you want the EQ raiding scene to attract new player / retain less hardcore player, or if you want people to go through outdated content the slow and hard way because you had to do it the slow and hard way
  13. Maedhros High King

It was neither slow nor hard, it was simply the minimum requirement.
  14. segap Augur

It's nothing more than an artificial roadblock put in place to slow down content consumption when the content is current. There is nothing difficult or "earning your way" about having a guild drag you through previous content raids that they had already beaten and farmed without much risk for nearly a year. It's just a nuisance for all the raiders that had been there, done it, and grown very bored of it.
    noclue likes this.
  15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

What may be true for your raid force isn't necessarily true for others. If progression through ROS entirely depends upon EOK flags for new apps / low RA players like you want then it would be extremely difficult to progress through ROS and likely we will simply move on to the next expansion when it comes out. As I am sure you know it is difficult though not impossible to break into new content without at least some of the raid force geared for it.
  16. Maedhros High King

I don't think you are understanding that 9 back flags for EOK t3 drop in every T1 TOS chest. You can fully flag a new app in 2 wins from ROS T1 for their Seal of Charasis. That will not fully flag them for T2 however. It will still take an app 18 wins in T1 RoS plus the 18 back flags for Seal of Charasis.
    I really cannot understand the perceived problem with back flags.
  17. Vlerg Augur

So if it was neither slow nor hard, and the gear is barely better than RoS group T2, why bother if the handful of new player/guild don't have to go through that pointless timesink of EoK backflagging?

they already have to do TBM achievement for the best dps aug in game, and EoK achievement if they want another juicy aug.

Is there any good reason to force new player to repeat old raid over and over, just to backflag, other than '' I had to do it so you should too! (insert grumpy old man face here)''
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Maedhros High King

Is there any reason other than self entitlement that you think people should get free backflags?
  19. Bigstomp Augur

I lead casual raids, so more backflags for everything makes me happy. I don't have a particular complaint here but more backflags makes less hard core raid teams lives far nicer. There have been times we couldn't do events due to lack of flags (old events, not current content - TDS in particular was harsh)
  20. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Yes, it is evident you do not perceive the problem. If we were worried about one app there wouldn't be much of an issue. Unfortunately there is a bit more to it than that.